Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

busydaffodil

Re: Come back in the Spring please
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 05:22:16 pm »
Well, best of luck.

Sadly, in my neck of the woods, customer loyalty goes out the window for many when money is involved.   But then, some of us Welsh are tight gits!

simon knight

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 06:14:24 pm »

The Taffs are no tighter than SW Londoners. Example: Customer who's been paying £23 for yonks and yonks (mis-priced in the first place :()....Her when I'm done: "So how much is it Simon?" Me: "£25 please."  Her: "Oh! You've put your prices up then!"

We're talking a 750k gaff here in Putney with the old man up in the City earning...I don't even like to think!!!

This lady would think nothing on spending £40 on a pair of designer boots for her 2 yr old...... but a £2 hike from her w/c?....oi veh! (that's "oh dear" for our non-yiddish speaking readers!)

Helen

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 06:44:05 pm »
to be honest, with the lack of daylight hours these unreliable customers can sometime be a godsend, Allbeit, when in the past few years we have had the same, we find they don't bother to call next spring anyway and by thewn we have probably replaced them with 10 others anyway! We do have a few who are on summer month cleaning only as it really is a good area and nice to top up the pennies in the summer. They know and agree that every April they get a first clean price and the onto regular terms thereafter. We couldn't have too many of them though, but our longstanding customers are as reliable to us as we are to them......build up those business realtionships with the customers it really does work!

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 06:56:20 pm »
First time clean price when you go back in spring.