Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig jwc

Interest on late payments
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:55:04 pm »
Just wondered if anyone adds a % on to a bill for overdue payments.

If they do at what % do you add and is it per day over or week etc?

Craig

AuRavelling79

Re: Interest on late payments
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:56:48 pm »
Not me.
It's a game of three halves!

bluesteve

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:57:00 pm »
you tight bugger!
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 11:04:54 pm »
I think carrying someones debt for 4 months (£75) isn't been tight.

I've dumped all my regular late payers apart from a few.

I've written off a few hundred quid in the last 12 months so i don't think i'm been tight, just thought doing something like this might help people pay a bit quicker.

Craig

bluesteve

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:13:32 pm »
fair one, for that amount and for that long, there was a thread about late payments last week, if your a keen gardener perhaps you can take a few plants or plant pots if its a small amount what your owed, apart from that just keep on going round and asking nicely , my experience is they pay up eventually and depending on whether you believe there excuses or not then ditch them, attains to domestics only.
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:20:52 am »
Just wondered if anyone adds a % on to a bill for overdue payments.

If they do at what % do you add and is it per day over or week etc?

Craig

I don't do this myself but if you wish to go down this road, I think you would be better to make it sound like a positive rather than a punishment.  By this I mean that a "prompt payment discount" sounds a lot better than "late payment penalty".  Also, it would be simpler to calculate.

gmcs

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 09:00:42 am »
This what I put on the bottom of all of my invoices it gets good results especially if you do commercial work!

( put your company name here)  reserve the right to apply an interest rate of 8.25% above Lloyds bank base rate on overdue amounts in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial debt (interest) Act 1998

The gov has done it for us!

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 08:01:54 pm »
I think carrying someones debt for 4 months (£75) isn't been tight.

I think it's time for a registered letter asking for payment within 7 days other wise legal action will be taken.
When that fails goes to  https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp add the £30 admin charge to the £75 and sit back and wait for the cheque.
A customer who thought she could avoid paying me £23 soon paid up £53  ;D

macleod

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 10:22:15 pm »
word of caution,

moneyclaim doesnt work if you do work for a managing agent who work "for and on behalf of" the residents association.

if you do the work and dont get paid by the managing agent becasue the residents havent paid into the residents association fund then you would have to take each individual householder to court, which means you have to know who has and who hasnt paid their money into the residents association and because of data protection noone can tell you, which means that if you clean a block of flats with 60 residents and one hasnt paid, meaning that there are insufficient funds to cover your bill then you are stuffed!

did anyone understand what i just said? cos its a real life story!

Templar

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:57:28 pm »
On another thread I ranted on about a £6 that i had gone back for several times. Cleaned again so it's twelve now, he said no money call back after been to cash point, then when I did that he'd exceeded his £50 withdrawal limit so couldn't get any cash. Asked for my addess so that he could drop it round next day (sat), of course he didn't. Saga ongoing, but I consider it part of my learning curve. He did say he was very happy with the windows.

Not sure what this has to do with the topic but please notice I have been promoted from newbie to junior member and I shall expect a bit more respect in future.

Clive

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 11:07:12 pm »
Not sure what this has to do with the topic but please notice I have been promoted from newbie to junior member and I shall expect a bit more respect in future.

Look here Junior dont go getting too big for your boots ....  whats this need for respect  ;D ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D