Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig jwc

Re: To any body that does there own books .
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 06:54:53 am »
See your point there mate - might be a better idea to write

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 08:05:11 am »
I just use a Simplex D book,enter earnings and outgoings and pin any reciepts to that weeks page.Easy ;D
My accountant says its a load of rubbish that they expect you to record every single financial transaction when you are a window cleaner.He is happy with a daily total and weekly,which is exactly what the Simplex D book is for. :)
That's exactly what I do, but then I submit it online instead of using an accountant.

Weekly turnover.
Fuel and other receipts.
Weekly total.
Clip receips on page.
Job done. ;)

Now if only I did this every friday, instead of having to fill in all 52 at the end of the year... :(

craig jwc

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 08:11:28 am »
I have written a letter to the IR asking about "do you need to keep daily records", just need to post it.

But i have just come off the phone from the IR and they told me that each individual job and daily total is not required.
All they want is a weekly amount and a monthly amount of both Incoming and Outgoing.
They said it would be too much paperwork etc to keep for Window Cleaning.

I'll have to see what reply i get from this letter.

Craig

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 11:50:19 am »
I have written a letter to the IR asking about "do you need to keep daily records", just need to post it.

But i have just come off the phone from the IR and they told me that each individual job and daily total is not required.
All they want is a weekly amount and a monthly amount of both Incoming and Outgoing.
They said it would be too much paperwork etc to keep for Window Cleaning.

I'll have to see what reply i get from this letter.

Craig

I'm astonished to read this Craig because I'm sure that I once read in IR literature that individual job records should be kept.  Maybe I did read that but they have relaxed things over the years - though that would seem to go against general trends.
Personally, I prefer to keep records of individual jobs anyway as it makes life easier for me.  I find it easier to work that way as I only need to type it into a spreadheet each day and into a database each day too.  15 minutes work at most.  OK so I need to spend longer on it setting up for the next accounting year but I just use the previous years spreadsheet as a template anyway and make my adjustments.  In fact, the work that I do is a similar pattern each 6 weekly cycle so I often copy/paste the records from the previous cycle and make any alterations that are needed.  The database is to keep customer details and provide a countdown to when the job is due next time.  I also use it to record who has/hasn't paid.  The only hard (ish) work is in setting it up.  Once you have a system that works OK for you, it's pretty easy to maintain it.

craig jwc

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 01:59:23 pm »
I finished putting all the info into George today, so from today i will be able to call up each job for whatever day.
I've had the program for a while now but never got round to using it properly.

Wish i had used this program from the beginning as i would have had all the info there, even if i had been informed wrong.

For putting your tax away each week at what % do you work out on your weekly earnings. Is it 23% or is that too much.

I know how to work it out for the year, but to put it away weekly i'm not sure.

Craig