Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JohnL

Re: Backpack,how do you............
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 12:21:34 am »
Hi Carl, the trolley is a B&Q garden trolley with a few bits removed and a plate fitted on the bottom to act as a platform. B&Q were selling them off cheap for around £20 ish.

As I said I have used it for a few months now and I take 5 or 6 - 25ltr containers out and top up when needed as I go. I pull it with me around the properties but also have a 60mtr microbore hose which works great for those houses where it is suited and the power unit is adequate even at 60 mtrs and up to a height of 24 ft using the second setting on the Shureflo.

I run a 4x4 so lifting it in and out the back is a tad heavy but easily manageable even at my age and it sits upright but could be packed in a 45 degree angle. The base does fold up so you could remove the container, fold it up and stick it behind the seat of a car quite easily.

That little kit has taken around 30% off the time factor to do my round so is both easy to use, economical, safe and profitable. I use WFP for both up and down, I dont see the point in doing only up. Besides the 18ft pole seen in the pic I also have a 2 x 4ft pole for downstairs windows which is invaluable because most of my work is rural with many inaccessable windows behind trees, shrubs, sheds etc .

As you see it, the outfit in pic cost less than £200 with the backpack and pole bought second hand from members of this site.

I would like to be able to have a 50ltr unit but thats for a future project cus this little baby does all I need at present.   :)

I would be lost without this kit now.

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.