Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

How Reach & Wash users can save £350 pa
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:16:23 pm »
I have an Ionics Pro 5 and although I am very happy with the system I have always resented paying £65 every few months to replace my colour change DI vessel.
I have come up with a way which is so simple to replace your resin. Firstly order a 25L bag of Resin. You are best not to use colour change as I hear it doesn't last as long. I have Rohm and Haas resin but I hear Dowex 50 is also very good. I got my Resin from Reach and clean for about £80 including delivery and VAT and will expect it to last about 2 years

Then get your old DI vessel and drill a hole the size of a 5p coin in the clear plastic tube about 4 inches away from the end cap.

Then attach your garden hose to the end cap on the other end of the vessel. Turn on the tap and flush the old resin out. Best to put the vessel in a bucket as the resin will leave a right mess in your garden!!

When all resin is out lay the vessel on a plastic sheet, put on your plastic disposable gloves and start pushing the resin in. This took me about an hour to do. The best way I found to put it in was to pile a handfull of resin on top of the drilled hole and then gently rub it in throught the hole. Alot of the resin will fall over the sides onto the plastic sheet but because the sheet is clean you can just pick it back up and rub it in again.

When the vessel is full (but dont over fill it as the water will need to have room to move the resin around) get 3 rubber party balloons, fold the mouth ends into the body of the balloon and put it over the hole. As the balloons are soft rubber, they can easily be moulded to the shape of the hole in the tube.

Then get a jubilee clip big enough to go around the circumference of the vessel and put it over the balloons to hold them tightly in place, and tighten.

put it on your system and test. like me, I needed to take the jubillee clip off as there was a little leak but 2nd time it worked perfectly. I have now been working for a full week now and havent had a drip yet (Im not one to take a risk so I have spare balloons in the van just in case!)
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Re: How Reach & Wash users can save £350 pa
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:25:13 pm »
an excellent idea,

but for an easier time we sell 40" refilable d/i resin linear filters which slot in place of the clear ionic ones it takes about 2 mins to replace and 1/2 that to re-fill with resin

rgds

stuart

www.skypolesystems.com

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 08:29:25 pm »
Even happier days!!! How much do you sell them for with delivery and VAT?

P®oPole™

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 08:31:32 pm »

That wont hold under pressure!!

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 08:33:54 pm »

When the vessel is full (but dont over fill it as the water will need to have room to move the resin around) get 3 rubber party balloons, fold the mouth ends into the body of the balloon and put it over the hole. As the balloons are soft rubber, they can easily be moulded to the shape of the hole in the tube.

Then get a jubilee clip big enough to go around the circumference of the vessel and put it over the balloons to hold them tightly in place, and tighten.

put it on your system and test. like me, I needed to take the jubillee clip off as there was a little leak but 2nd time it worked perfectly. I have now been working for a full week now and havent had a drip yet (Im not one to take a risk so I have spare balloons in the van just in case!)

RO-Sheen
If you go to an electrical wholesales, ask them for a blanking grommet, I think there about 20mm and you can just push this into the whole for a good fit, then remove on you next fill and then refit.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 08:38:12 pm »
Pro-pole
Yes it does hold under pressure. Its been going a whole week without any leaks yet. As the hole is so small and held tightly under the jubilee clip nothing is moving. My only worry is si that the balloon may perish over time. That is why I carry spare balloons with me.

Jeff1 - good idea with the blanking gromit. I did try and get one but couldnt get one anywhere. I would say that if anyone did try the blanking gromit they would still need the jubillee clip. As propole correctly implied there IS alot of pressure and I think the gromit would shoot out like a bullet

P®oPole™

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 08:43:36 pm »

Standard D.I vessel mate ;)

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 08:46:08 pm »
ro-sheen,

sorry but for a price you will need to call my office on monday due to advertising on this free forum and we are not allowed ::)

tel 02380 458329

sorry but i dont know the price off my head

rgds
stu
www.skypolesystems.com

eddie d

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 10:21:32 pm »
ro/sheen/that sounds a lot of work .
most people buy one of those blue cannisters fill it with resin as needed and atach the hoses .
easy .

RO-Sheen

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 11:26:43 pm »
Hi Eddie

What blue cannisters?

It doesnt take too long to do it my way. It took about 70 mins from beginning to end so not too bad but I am open to any better ideas.

tell me more about the blue cannisters. Will they fit on the ionics system? Are they threaded one end so you can screw off? if not, how do you fill them up?  how much and where do you buy from?

JM123

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 11:31:21 pm »
Hi Adrian, the blue cannisters are the ones I was telling you about on the phone - they don't fit directly onto the Ionics chassis, thats why you said you didn't want one, you would need to secure it elsewhere in the van - sizes range from 4.6ltr to 100ltr.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

RO-Sheen

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 05:12:57 pm »
Cheers SAJ

I did consider fitting a bottle like the picture shows but Im very short on space in my van. I have a Renault traffic but after putting a 50m hose reel (sometimes 2x), steps and some warning signs I am cramped for space.
Thats why I wanted to go with a space saving DI vessel that fits snuggly under the RO.

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 06:48:11 pm »
ro-sheen,

as i said earlier we have a re-fillable replacement d/i vessel

rgds
stuart