Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul mather

Worst WFP day so far!!!
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:26:40 pm »
Leant my pole up against a wall to fetch my gloves out of the van, came back & the flippin thing was on the floor with the thin section broken about 6 inches under the gooseneck. Managed to slide the top section back in to the pole & tighten it up & managed to do my 3 storey flats with just 3 sections.
Then to top it all caught my headphone wire round the handle of my hose reel & snapped my headphones in 2.
Life was so much simpler with ladders, what's your worst WFP day.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Re: Worst WFP day so far!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:00 pm »
Paul,

How long you been WFP?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Wozza

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:10:11 pm »
Got a good one

Battery went flat half way through a job, then had to go and get another battery from a camping shop.

The only thing was the job was in the middle of knowhere and the camping shop was 13 miles away  :(

What really wound me up was I was in the camping shop 4 days before for something else. I was going to buy a backup battery but it went out of my mind as I was looking for waterproof boots for work.

That was my worst day...........but not as bad as yours.......damaged pole PLUS no muzic.....that would drive crazy

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:28:10 pm »

That was my worst day...........but not as bad as yours.......damaged pole PLUS no muzic.....that would drive crazy

That is the worst WFP day you can get. I must agree!

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:36:49 pm »
Paul,

How long you been WFP?

David

Started mid July, so about 4 & a half months. But I'm not complaining, changing over to a WFP was the best thing I've done, reckon I earn at least £100 a week extra.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 07:58:14 am »
Leant my pole up against a wall to fetch my gloves out of the van, came back & the flippin thing was on the floor with the thin section broken about 6 inches under the gooseneck. Managed to slide the top section back in to the pole & tighten it up & managed to do my 3 storey flats with just 3 sections.
Then to top it all caught my headphone wire round the handle of my hose reel & snapped my headphones in 2.
Life was so much simpler with ladders, what's your worst WFP day.

My worst one was when I had to move a garden table out of my way, tripped over some kids toys, and ended up breaking the table legs.  That little escapade cost me £200.  I lost the job too (an £11 er).  Ironically, it was a job that I was thinking of throwing in anyway as the access was so poor.
Such is life.

P®oPole™

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:48 pm »

:o :o :o You left a 24ft pole extended...... While you went back to your van because, you "wanted your gloves" :o :o :o

geefree

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 06:06:31 pm »
music would drive me mad... its bad enough trying to concentrate on not tripping up.. avoiding dog poo, and juggling with the pole through tight access areas, if i had earphones in , it would just be an extra hazard lol  ::)

paul mather

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:32:20 pm »

:o :o :o You left a 24ft pole extended...... While you went back to your van because, you "wanted your gloves" :o :o :o

Only the top section, extended by about 3 feet.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

pylofm

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 06:45:07 pm »
Had a bad day with the WFP, I had to go leafleting instead of using my wfp gear...451 leaflets and my chin is freezing !!! would prefer to be throwing my pole about !

Cheers
Dave.

spotless2000

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 07:00:32 pm »
Last week my hose reel fell over before I had connected it up.  A lovely slug of mud in the connector.  I cleared most of it out and then started to flush it through.  Only one jet working on my brush - one part of the' Y' connector was blocked!  No paper clip handy so it was suck or blow!  Guess which option didn't work!

aaah that earthy taste!  :'(

It could have been worse - people walk their dogs along this grass verge!!!!!!!!  :-X

gaza

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:00:13 pm »
HI STEVE : DIDNT TEACH YOU TO SUCK DID I ? Nicce to see your wfping still ,do you remember that site you ccame to visit me on , well must have been impressed  with your cleaning  :-\  Ive now got 5 of them now and one more on the way, how you doing ?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

petski2

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 10:08:26 pm »
music would drive me mad... its bad enough trying to concentrate on not tripping up.. avoiding dog poo, and juggling with the pole through tight access areas, if i had earphones in , it would just be an extra hazard lol   

Couldnt agree more Gazza.As much as I love my music I find it hard while working so just dont bother.
By the way mate cleaned my own today (after filling the barrels ready for you tomorrow) and got my shoes covered in dog s h i t. ;D
Must remember to do the old poop scoop more often. ;D

EasyClean

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:55 pm »
Worst day today! My ignition key wouldn't turn in the lock to start the engine. It's a keycoded one. I don't have a spare key or the key codes. I phoned up the Iveco dealer and they have to get the keycode from Italy in the morning.
If it couldn't get any worse I was parked in Torquay town centre on double yellow lines in a very busy street where the traffic wardens are notorious for issuing parking tickets. Luckily for me they must have all been elsewhere which is a rarerity!!! I had to call out a locksmith to sort my problem out. One afternoon off work waiting around for the locksmith and he sorted it out early this evening. I was so relieved I could start my van again I even tipped him a tenner on top of his bill !!! So glad to be back home again!!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!