Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

squeegee off
« on: November 10, 2006, 10:08:19 pm »
JUST BEEN READING ABOUT SQUEEGEE OFF ANY BETTER THA GOOD OLD FAIRY

Re: squeegee off
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 10:24:34 pm »
No, Fairy is tops.  I think most window cleaners go through a 'what will I put in my bucket?' stage, but I'm sure 95% of us end up reverting back to the good old green stuff.

It cleans a window and provides slip.

Don't use too much and add it after you've filled the bucket with water.

At 88p a bottle and available from every supermarket in the country, you can't go far wrong with it.

Jason Atwell

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 10:36:48 pm »
Apart from looking un professional when you get the bottle from your van!

Get some gg3 or equivelent!!
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 10:57:24 pm »
Apart from looking un professional when you get the bottle from your van!

It's not my bottle of Fairly that makes me look unprofessional, it's my cowboy hat, stetsons and bright orange tea towels!

;D

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 12:35:55 am »
I thing fairy myself is the best but don't use it anymore i use squeegie off.

The main reason is sometimes i may clean downstairs traditional and othertimes i may WFP them and apparently fairy leaves a film so could cause problems if you WFP them.

But im not sure myself if fairy would cause the problems i reckon it could be down to user error.

I may put this to the test next week and do some with fairy then next time round do with WFP and see if i get any problems.

If you are traditional you can't go wrong with fairy.

Paul

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 08:16:52 am »
I personally can't see the difference (except in price of course)

Adam Boss

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 08:56:47 am »
I have used almost everything over the years , found that GG3 is not all it's cracked up to be as regards slip and I found it left a misting in the hot weather. ( very expensive also )
I have now settled on squeegee off with an amount of car screenwash and it makes the windows sparkle and you get a really good slip. You only need a small amount so it lasts for ages.
Used Fairy for many years but you don't get the sparkle like the squeegee off and screenwash produces.
IMO .
Adam
EST: 1988

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 09:18:38 am »
Look on the label at the ingredients in your washing up liquid. If it says "surface agent 5%" or something similar then give it a miss.
Surface agent is a waxy polish by any other name. It is intended to make the dishes look shiney because we equate shiney with clean where dishes are concerned.

This is the residue that remains on the glass and causes the problems when you first clean with a WFP. On the other hand its good for business because it traps the dirt and the windows get dirty much quicker.

So the choice is yours, personally I use squeegee off and pure water.( beautiful results ), then detail with my Unger microcloth. Its like being in window cleaners heaven.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 09:26:00 am »
I also like a bit of Tosh Fairy. ;D