Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Weed Killer
« on: November 07, 2006, 08:18:58 am »
For block paving cleaning what & where can I get some good stuff?

pt

Re: Weed Killer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:33:02 am »
Steve,

Was a greenkeeper for many years,all hard standing areas were treated with Round-up, kills the whole plant, roots and all. It is exspensive but you get what you pay for.

Paul.

Robert Parry

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:24:52 am »
The use of weed killer in a commercial setting is very heavily regulated, not sure how you stand if you purchase one of the off the shelf ones as it were, I would check with both the HSE and your insurance company, just to be on the safe side, regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

DP

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:29:09 am »
Robert has a point we regularly weed kill for a factory about 100 litres at a time which was Round Up, but we have now run out of their own supply and are having great difficulty in providing an industry safe alternative.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 08:03:51 pm »
It's for my drive :-[

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 09:03:17 pm »
Steve Round up is a glyphosate , well that is the main ingredent and is classed as a systemic , in other words it is absorbed through the leaves and the gets right down to the roots, unlike some other like gramoxone which just kills the foiage. the downfall been it takes aroud 2 to 3 weeks to see results and you do need conditions that suit. ie. no rainfall within a few hours, and prefferably vigourous growing rate of weeds.
it is quite a safe product and does become inactive in contact with soil, but it will kill of your prize plants if their is any drift.
Idealy ,contact your local agrichemical supplier they sell the good stuff, expensive yes but better than the spray bottle you can buy in garden centres.
I used to do crop spraying many moons ago and round up was the best for for that your type of job,

another thing to try is red deisel . I remember we used to spray braken up in scotland with helicopters to control the growth with deisel, and that takes some killing off ;D
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha