Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lisamint

Please Help
« on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:55 pm »
Hi,

I’m new to this forum and I would be grateful for some advise.

I’m in the process of starting up a cleaning business and need to know all the different ways of starting, bear in mind I need to keep my overheads to a minimal amount. I am still pondering over a suitable name, the one which sticks in my mind is Lisa’s done and dusted cleaning services, but have noticed that someone else is already using done and dusted, does this matter? I need all the health and safety documentation, also any information COSH?, Yes as you can gather the more information the better.

Thank you Lisa  ???

Prestige1

Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:33:34 pm »
You don't want much then!
Your best bet is to do a search for all you seek on the forum, it has all been disscussed at some point and its down to you to find it. hope this helps Phil
Who Dares Wins

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 08:31:25 pm »
Hi lisa

you should be able to obtain all your safety documents from whoever your suppliers will be,
most times you can download them from there website.
p.s. its not a good idea to use someone else's name ;), if you need any help just shout, there are some good people on here ;D

Chris

www.scsf.co.uk

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 11:36:59 pm »
Hi

How about

A.C.E Cleaning Services

A.C.E can stand for

A Cleaning Enterprise

or

Advanced Cleaning Experts/ Expertise

Just a thought?

Regarsd

Martin 8)

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 08:00:27 am »
hi there

what services are you going to offer

domestic or commercial??

carpet and suite cleaning??

window cleaning ??

who are you marketting??

what is your marketing strategy??

and they are only a few questions??

have you a charging rate calculated??

do you know what your initial monthly overheads are going to be??

car or van ??

and thats not even really scratching the surface.

bunsiness name , whilst important isnt the going to make or break your business.  your marketing and service levels are the most important factor at the present time.

be focusssed in the market that you are going for, get that established and then branch into other areas if you want to do that.

this industry is huge

regards

martin

lisamint

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 08:30:19 pm »
Hi thanks for all your replies, at the moment i am looking at residential cleaning and then maybe branching out later into other areas. I like the idea of incorperating carpet cleaning, but have no experience in this field as yet.
I have been cleaning for five years and have been doing mainly residential work, some doctors surgery's and office work.
I,ve been working the past 11 months day and night and this has been my deciding factor to take the plunge and go it alone, I will be working on my own to begin with, but plan to expand in time. I have the motivation to do this but now need as much advice from experienced people as possible.
Ps I have decided on a name and i am now working on a logo for buseness cards and headed paperwork.