Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim Downer

Domestic cleaning client survey
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:30:26 pm »
Had my first client interested in Domestic cleaning on friday. So i popped round to visit them friday evening, a few days after i had left them a document describing our Domestic cleaning service, Q&A's etc etc
When i arrived at the property, i realised that i had to blag my way through all their questions etc etc, especially as this side of the business is all new to me.

So what i would like to know from you Domestic Cleaners, is what do you do on these initial customer surveys?
Do you walk round with a note pad and make notes, and call back later with a price?....Or do you walk round and make it up in your heads to give them a price there and then?
Do you have a generic list of things to look out for and tick the relevant boxes? What do you usually say while walking round?

I know the cleaning business and how things are cleaned properly, i have no problem there....but i felt a bit weird talking about Domestic cleaning to a potential client.....when i had to make out i knew what i was talking about!! 

Any pointerts would be greatly appreciated.

As it happens, i made extensive note, and created a cleaning tick list for the schedule of cleaning, and sent it back to them with a letter and the price, along with a document to sign that they understand the terms and conditions 

Thank you again

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

a55essor

Re: Domestic cleaning client survey
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 07:50:48 pm »
when I go to qoute a domestic job I have tick list, t/c, brochure's . I walk around with them I see how big or small the place is. then tell them the hourly rate how long it will take  and what's not covered in that price. sometimes they agree there and then or ring they me later.

KL

Lesley J

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:21:44 pm »
I do the same  Lesley J
Lesley Tyrrell

Handy Andy

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:04:12 pm »
Hi Tim,

I`m a newbie but will try to give my two peneth!

My wife does a few domestic cleans but what she tends to find is people have a budget and simply want as much as possible done for what they can afford to spend. Also she finds after a few regular cleans she can maintain much more easily and therefore actually does more and more ( if that sounds right?). I don't think domestic customers need the spiel like commercial. But just my opinion!

Andy.

Tim Downer

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 11:19:56 pm »
Thanks for your comments people, appreciate it very much.

Abi.....thank you for your email and have left you a message too.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

PremierPDS

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 06:27:15 pm »
Hi

I have an hourly rate and when I go out to risk assess before our staff start there I compile a list of the schedule with them asking them exactly what they want done in each room. After taking a good look around I'll then tell them there and then how many hours this work will take. My current hourly charge is £12.50 per hour for maintenance cleaning and then I do other services on top such as spring cleans at a much higher hourly rate. Anything that requires our staff to get down on their hands and knees such as cleaning skirting boards and pulling out heavy furniture and anything that our cleaners can't reach standing flat on their feet is all done in a spring clean. This works great all round as customers often opt for a spring clean for their first visit and have this approximately twice a year. The staff are also happier that they're not expected to climb ladders and polish floors etc on a daily basis and the works great with the insurers too.

Nickie x
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

Tim Downer

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 07:01:30 pm »
Thanx for the Nickie. Didnt think about a spring clean  :P

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

PremierPDS

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 02:13:03 am »
No worries Tim- glad to be of service! I'm a relative newbie to the game myself but have thought long and hard about how to simplify things for clients- the last thing they want is me in their house for 3 hours doing a sales pitch and I'm not to keen on that idea either so I guess it's the best way. Just gotta figure a price list for other services now and not complicate things too much. Good luck anyways!

Nickie x
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

mxg

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:52:40 am »
Nickie

You say that you charge a higher rate for one off cleans, spring cleans etc but do your staff get paid more for that type of work rather than regular domestic work ?

Mick

Tim Downer

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:29:58 pm »
Wouldnt have thought so, because they are contracted out on a set price per hour.
However, they would be in the property for longer with the spring cleans etc.  so they earn more anyway......and thus the higher price  :D

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

PremierPDS

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 04:49:54 pm »
Hi Mick/ Tim

My staff are on zero hour contracts which means that they and nor I are bound to any set amount of hours. The staff tell me at interview how many hours they are looking for and what days etc and I take it from there. They are also informed at interview about the maintenance cleaning and spring cleans and the difference to their hourly rate. Clients are charged at double my hourly rates for spring cleans and I pass this on to the staff by paying them at a much enhanced rate which is only fair as the work is physically much harder than just maintenance visits. After explaining this to potential staff at interview I ask them if they're interested in doing spring cleans from time to time or maintenance cleans only. I have found that part time staff tend to do the most spring cleans and those that work full time tend to just concentrate on the maintenance cleans. Hope this clears things up.

Nickie x

Tim Downer

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 05:31:17 pm »
Thanx for that Nickie

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

peter1972

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 12:07:50 pm »
Tim

I have nearly 300 domestic clients and have recently started commercial cleaning. Perhaps we could exchange some ideas? support@a1cleaning.net (I'm not in your area, so not in competition with you.)

Peter