Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LTT Leathercare

Leather course
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:42:19 pm »
Congratulations to the delegates who passed their IICRC (LCT) course in Farnham.  This was a 100% pass rate for the class so is great news.

As these are proving so popular we are putting on another course in November probably 22nd - 23rd.  Please let me know if you want to join us on those dates.

We are also having an unprecedented demand for our 2 day cleaning and technical course so will be putting extra dates on for all those who want to join us for these. 

We have one place left on our November course 9th - 10th.

As every one is beginning to realise, there is a big market out there for this work, and aniline restoration in particular is proving to be a big income provider. 
Don't miss out on this lucrative addition to your business.
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

stains-away

Re: Leather course
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 11:02:01 pm »

Training in any field is in my opinion essential, I'm not talking about the LTT course here,all courses have an upside, that being a few days away from the wife and kids, no screaming, shouting and all the general day to day crap that goes on around most households (except mine of course), theres no nagging to help around the house, you can even switch off your mobile and tell her indoors that the signal was bad where you were staying, when the course finishes for the day theres nothing to do but go for curries or get drunk, and you might even learn something out of it  ;D

carpetguy

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 12:55:46 pm »
Learning can be easy, for some and passing an exam at the end of a short course of instruction, will always be easier, than passing a course with a great deal of information to remember and technical terms / terminology, to grasp.

The system of teaching in modules, was introduced about 20 years ago and it enabled the less talented to achieve passes, because they only had a tiny ammount of information to absorb / remember.

For teaching / learning practical skills, such as you're discussing here, the system could easily result in an occasional 100% pass for a class.

If 75% is the acceptable level for a pass, it's a lot more acceptable level than our current schools policy.

So, Scott, are you an academic or what, as you certainly have a large log on your shoulder about training / education.

I have never attended the course in question, but have read a fair number of reports from people who have and they all seem to think the course was valuable and will increase their business. As most training will do, for positive people.

Your partly correct in one of your comments, perhaps it should be  '  most people are not stupid ' because some sure are.

have a nice day

robbie

" Still learning at over 60 years of age "

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 03:43:18 pm »
Before anyone complains I have edited this topic.

Regarding the other training course I do not know the answer, but as the Course filled up in two days it achieved the desired outcome.

I want this Forum to supply as much information as possible and have always tried to help in this direction.

But please remember Doug and I are volunteers.