Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aztec

hoselock fittings?
« on: October 13, 2006, 09:08:14 pm »
hello again

my hoselock clips keep on 'popping out' when i use my pole system!

i have tried brass fittings aswell but to no avail, is there any other fittings on the market that i could use to eliminate this problem as i am getting really frustrated having to keep on reconnecting.
sometimes i even have to hold them in while poling which is a task in itself

ANY IDEAS GRATEFULLY RECIEVED!!!

Re: hoselock fittings?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:12:02 pm »
Keep popping out..Either your pump is giving you too much pressure but i doubt it most probably youve dragged them across the floor too mush and they need replacing........best thing to do get microbore then you only need new fittings once a year

aztec

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 09:17:25 pm »
yes you are right this does seem to happen when i have a lot of pressure thank you.

could you tell me more about microbore i havent heard of them please

macc

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 09:46:45 pm »
Microbore is the dogs mate. It has a 6mm bore, rolls up & pulls out with no effort, uses less water, hardly ever snags.

It will change working completly. I reckon it saves me about 1hr a day.

Type in "microbore" & hit the search button on the top, there is loads of topics & info on it.

Macc

aztec

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 09:53:23 pm »
how thick am i!!!

microbore is the hose i use but it makes no difference the fittings still disconnect at will!!

neil100

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:54:25 pm »
If you have a domestic round Microbore is a MUST.

If you go to gardiners site have a look at their connections, They are high pressure connections, I have used them for 10 months, No leaks, and they have never popped off. You could reduce your Pump to 60psi for less pressure.

Nel.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 10:02:21 pm »
What do you mean by hoselock lips???? if you using microbore you wouldnt have hoselock fittings you would have smaller steel fittings like for air compressed tools

macc

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 10:22:11 pm »
Thats what i use, air line connections, no probs with them.

Macc

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 10:24:34 pm »
Me neither the old plastic type are c**p pull them a few times no good but that on old 1/2 inch hose not microbore.