Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

steve@freshwater
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:32:37 pm »
steve,
i read your post about double pass through the membrane. i have a 100gpd ro man system and want to upgrade to produce more water, is it not best to run the waste back into the membrane on this set up or should i go for the double pass you suggest? will mit cause any probs, will i use less resin, if i put product water and tap water back into 1st membrane wont the pressure from the tap be greater than from the membrane and will it start working in reverse as a result? hope you can help

thanks jon

freshwater

Re: steve@freshwater
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:26:26 pm »
These double pass etc are really viable when built from scratch and as I said you may need an additional booster pump. Personally as I said I would just run both RO membranes from the supply and let both wastes go to waste.

But if you want to experiment you can take the waste from your first membrane and pass it through the second membrane, BUT the product will have a higher TDS than the first membrane. This will save you a bit of water, but you will use more resin.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:36:09 pm »
What would you do with a set up like this. Would you feed each membrane with tap water instead.

freshwater

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 11:45:56 pm »
Bear,

I would feed each membrane with tap water, unless I had high water prerssure.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk