Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Ashbys 400 psi water pump problems?
« on: October 14, 2006, 06:39:48 pm »
I have heard that the 400psi water pump that Ashbys supply is not very reliable?

Anyone got one?

At £500 + VAT , its not something that you want breaking down very often  :o

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

mark_roberts

Re: Ashbys 400 psi water pump problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:37:37 pm »
Ive got one and no problems so far but then its only used once or twice a week as Ive a TM.

Mark

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:09:55 pm »
Hi mark

is it true that they are no good with temps over 55 deg?

Or is this something new that Ashbys have bought in to try and reduce problems with the pump?

thanks
Chris
Staffordshire

dirtbusters

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 10:11:47 pm »
we have had the 400psi ninja from ashbys for 3 months. its been out 6 days a week and no problems so far. we were told by ashbys to not put water in solution tank over 60 degrees as this would effect the seals. the only problem we have had is ashbys own powder does not seem to dissolve very well and powder residue built up in the wand filters and started to block the filter in the solution tank. this residue could build up in the pump. we have now gone back to prochem powders as we had never had this problem before in the past 20 years.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 11:04:27 pm »
Some powders can be severe on pumps, if you could find a good performing liquid detergent you would be better off.

cleaning co

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:44:22 am »
i hav one 400 psi from ashbys which is 4 years old still going strong and another which is 18 months old never had a prob touch wood  these pumps can handle  65-70 in temp no probs rember with a built in heater like the v2 it heats the water after the pump and my tank heater is set at 60    one thing i will say is reg descale if u are in a hard water area once evry couple months this vastly prlongs the life