Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

breakages
« on: October 10, 2006, 09:41:31 pm »
right

today i cleaned a house ive done from day 1, so allmost 4 years

its a awkward house, they leave the side alley FULL of kids stuff, rubbish bins, bin bags, bikes etc etc

then i have to do the other side of the house aswell, a shed, trailer and loads of other crap

so instead of me taking apart the trolley (battery out, barrel out) then lifting it above my head, i decide to connect a extra hosepipe and run it around the house

so ive cleaned the windows, and i walk past 1 of the tinkling toadstool garden items, it falls off the stalk and breaks

the woman comes out to see what happened, then her daughter does, then the hubby

Oh look you've broken the toadstoll was the cry

Yes, it fell off as i went past i replied

You will have to replace it

Yes, ok, tell me how much it is when i next clean and i will take it off the bill, i reply

it was 8, 9 or 10 quid

Ok, no probs, looks like a free clean then, i reply

i pack up and go to get paid

Hubby gets all arsey and says he should take the money off the bill now

i say, well we dont know how much it is

you might not come back

ive been cleaning for allmost 4 years

hubby getting more and more arsey

Look tell me how much it is, and i will give you the money

i walk away B4 i get wound up

i dunno, my patience is being pushed to the limit with idiot customers, we all have accidents, why get arsey after i had said i would replace it

anyways, a trip to where they got it from, they dont have the same colour

Fast 1 *

Re: breakages
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 09:48:11 pm »
sometimes i think we are hated by the general public
wildstyles

Pole2pole

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 09:53:08 pm »
I hear ya matt. I don't know where these kinda people come from, but after 4 years, don't you deserve an ounce of respect? They've probably had accidents in the past too. Ranging from 6 months to 19 years of age. Make of that what ya will forum  :o
Words fail me sometimes. I had someone tell me that the vase i smashed in his garden carried his mothers ashes. Thankfully(and after 4 weeks of feeling like poope) his misses told me he was winding me up. Bugger. But that kinda humour i can relate to. Sarcy whingy tossy amoebas that we call customers who just 100% take the p*ss can go swing.
Breathe in.....Breathe out............. ;D ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 09:59:12 pm »
Ok.........i'm startin to get this(and it's makin me look daft)lol If I type S H I T E,it comes out as nutse...........So i aint goin mad.  ??? ??? ??? Maybe i am but hey  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 10:17:24 pm »
Matt, go back, trip over his junk and tell him your claiming for your cut knee - (don't forget the ketchup) ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Fast 1 *

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:19:43 pm »
Ok.........i'm startin to get this(and it's makin me look daft)lol If I type S H I T E,it comes out as nutse...........So i aint goin mad.  ??? ??? ??? Maybe i am but hey  ;)
i had the same thing earlier ;D
wildstyles

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:49:42 pm »
BB is watchin us lol. So if i have a really poope day and i wanna tell u all about it, you'll never know i've had a poope day cos you'll  just think i had a poope day instead. Whatever happened to freedom of speech lol. It's all poope  ;D

Pat Purcell

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:00:21 pm »
Matt if you can afford to lose the customer then I would replace his toadstool and as your handing it over thank him for his custom and tell him that you cannot work for someone who does not trust you,I would eplain to him that this time it was a tenner but how about the next time when he spots a scratch on his car or his prized rose bush dies ,you see where im going,Sometimes a little satisfaction is worth more than money sometimes its not ,your descision
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

WavieDavie

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 11:49:57 pm »
I tipped a plastic flower trench (long oblong thing - I'm not a gardener) off a window sill once, told the lady of the house and offered to replace it. She says thanks for that, I'll pick one up at the weekend and I reminded her to keep the receipt so I could claim it through the business.

Next time I'm there the flowers are in a nice new long oblong thing, and she hands me the receipt, saying that's £15.23 please - I think WHAT? HOW MUCH? for that? and had a quick scan of the bill. The thing was only £4.99 and ratbag was quoting the time she bought it cos that was at the bottom of the receipt!!!

Customers   :-*
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk