Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

Re: Blatant rip off
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 01:28:33 am »
I agree about not showing a worker to much of your business. How much is too much? That is a real tricky one. I have no answer to that question.
that is a good question and i really don't know the answer, just that I've let guys in before on other ventures i've done got chummy with them and been shat on from a great height so very stand offish now, keep my distance and only really tell them what they need to know. bit of a shame but thats whats happened. strayed off the subject a little but thought i'd answer the last post

H h20

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 07:34:56 am »
 Ronaldo I designed the logo and came up with the name and the design of how Advance is written i spent time,money and effort at my sign makers as Dave @st-ives as already said and he knows i did,i posted pictues last year on here of my vehicle.I have not any had run ins  or clashes with any other window cleaners
I don`t or never have employed anyone,so some Low life has just decided that they couldn`t come up with their own name and design and ripped me off,Gaz  >:(

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 07:42:54 am »
Gaz,

Personally, I don't think there's much you can do about it, although I do sympathise with the work and expense you put into it; just to have someone come along and 'cheat'.

However, it must be a bit of a compliment for you though; that they nicked your design.

H h20

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 07:54:19 am »
Tosh nicking something is NOT a compliment,Gaz

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 08:27:45 am »
Tosh nicking something is NOT a compliment,Gaz

Well, if someone is low-life enough to steal someone's work, they've got a range of this sort of stuff to take.

They're not going to nick a rubbish design are they?

So, by nicking yours, it's a compliment; it must be good.

Anyway, you have my sympathy.  I was only attempting to help you see a silver lining if that's possible.

ronaldo

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 08:34:32 am »
Ronaldo I designed the logo and came up with the name and the design of how Advance is written i spent time,money and effort at my sign makers as Dave @st-ives as already said and he knows i did,i posted pictues last year on here of my vehicle.I have not any had run ins  or clashes with any other window cleaners
I don`t or never have employed anyone,so some Low life has just decided that they couldn`t come up with their own name and design and ripped me off,Gaz  >:(

Well then Gaz if you designed then they must have copied it from your picture on last years thread, i can remember you putting your picture on that thread because i also put one on the same one.
Keep smiling mate.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

H h20

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 08:37:55 am »
Tosh ,sorry  i wasn`t being funny with you,i do understand what you were trying to say and thanks for your sympathy,Gaz  ;)

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 09:49:08 am »
No probs.

Ruddy weather!  I'm trying to physc myself out to go and clean some 'B-listers'.

steve willetts

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 10:13:18 am »
Hi Everyone, i am new to the foram and work sometimes in the areas that the "CLONED" van operates in. Have not seen it around as yet put will keep an eye out for you.

Steve
Brighter Exteriors Ltd
steve w

Robert Parry

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 10:40:02 am »
Your logo/design is your brand, the trick is to design one that is associated with your company, so that when seen, people know exactly who it is.

Copies, can be a form of flattery, however, if the other person/company should be responsible for an accident or some other form of mishap, you just might find yourself in a position of denial, risking your own livelyhood and reputation, you should alway's, alway's, protect your brand.

Regards

Rob
A world of difference....

H h20

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 03:00:53 pm »
I have phoned the landline number but just kept ringing,so i phoned the mobile and spoke to a guy called Len,so i asked him how long he has been trading as Advance window cleaning and he said "oooh ages",
so i explained that i had designed the name,logo etc and that it is my company trading name and asked where he got it from he said he just got it from a building company called Advance builders and i said no you have`nt because of the water splash logo man and pure flow pole system,then all of a sudden it dawned on me i know this guy and asked him if he had got a caravan to which he replied yes and with his brummy accent,i had a long conversation with him on caravan site that i had visited this year with my caravan,he obviously denied it but the things he was saying on the phone about that he didn`t do window cleaning he sent the lads out with the poles was how he explained to me in the conversation i had at the caravan site,he still denied knowing me,but i must admit he didn`t get nasty and appologised if he had used my name and logo and said he would get it changed,but i am 100% sure it was the same guy,Gaz