Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ladders

Re: How do I make a wfp pole from a carbon fishing pole?
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 10:46:58 pm »
Christies.
When quoting someone DO try to get the right person.

Ladders.
., but hey if Gaz can get 9 months out of one and still going strong, why not?

For every problem there is a solution

Ladders

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 11:07:05 pm »
Could I suggest to everyone, that  if you have a goose neck you should also try an Unger plastic angle adapter with a seperate brush.

Jeff what brush do you recommend ?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 07:42:33 am »
Ladders what a difficult question, as I make my own. Everyone has their own preference but I dont think that the ideal brush has yet been made, it also depends on whether you do frames or not.
For the fishing poles (and also for any other system) you need lightness. So any brush that comes in below 8oz. Mine doesnt but I surform the back and sides. It can swivel round the unger alu tube and be torqued tight if wanted. Heres a Similar Bentley brush (top)
But this one is way to heavy ( they do others), the bristles pull out and the plastic backing is lousy but it does the same swivel trick.
You want bristles that are not too soft but will flex (lie down) a bit to scrub the glass a bit on their sides. Tucker used(not anymore) to make a brush with triangular Dupont filaments, that I would have liked to have seen.
I guess one of the best out there is the Salmon domestic, blue corrugated bristles that you use, the same one Gaz used to sell. But the they have a bit too many bristles to let the brush lie on the glass for my liking. I trimmed the weight to under 7 oz.
Theres a topic somewhere about brushes will see if I can find it. Coming soon are some trials I have been doing on a 3.5 oz brush that I have been using for 6 months. I am also waiting for a rumored new Vikan for WFP use (not the car brushes)
Here is one link to diy brushes on Matts site, http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=394&sid=5261b7cf8cad59146ac48f803225bd60

Ladders

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 09:41:23 am »
Thanks Jeff for the info. i am using one of Gazs brushes at the moment i find it quite a good brush..

jb1975

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 08:49:26 am »
dont know much about material science. are there stiff but lightweight plastic poles available, either designed or could be converted for wfp use?

i was handling a bamboo cane earlier in the week(i think it was bamboo) and noted how strong but lightweight.weighed virtually nothing in my hands. the pole could certainly be made to look professional too. so wondered if natural materials could be used as a wfp pole also?