Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

George P

renting a unit
« on: October 09, 2006, 10:58:22 pm »
found a unit to rent and know about rent & rates but any advice on anything else regarding start up costs. also any one rented a unit or simillar with any advice. unit is small unit and can fit one transit in with storage space
thanks

niceandclean

Re: renting a unit
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:02:10 pm »
I rent a unit, what sort of advice are you looking for?? What are you going to use it for?

George P

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:15:07 am »
storing van and some tools, advice on any hidden costs either on start up or ongoing. itn is with local council

glimmer man

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:11:10 am »
is it a garage like the council rent or is a proper lock up that you can run a business from.Only asking because i rented a garage from my local council and we all got a letter saying thatwe can only keep a car in the garages and they must not be used for anything else.
TONY

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 09:07:23 am »
If you are going into a lease you will need to employ a solicitor to do all the relevant searches etc..... He will also check the agreement to ensure you are not signing for things you shouldn't i.e. repairs to the exterior!

Also, take photo's or every wall, ceiling, exit, entrance, roof, that way should when you move out and the landlord tries his luck you can prove exactly what condition the unit was in when you took occupation.

Best of luck,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

George P

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 01:08:06 pm »
proper lock up so ok to use for work although due to not actualy working from there they said some units i wouldnt be able to use. no prob as right one available

glimmer man

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 01:58:36 pm »
should be ok then mate.sounds like both parties know where they stand.
TONY

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:40:46 pm »
Following on from Trevor - don't allow yourseld to be "tied in" for too long ( you don't want to be paying if you outgrow it or don't need it anymore) - and watch out for when "rent reviews" (aka price hikes) are to be.
It's a game of three halves!