Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

BEST LADDERS
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:41:24 am »
Good morning,

Can anyone please advise me on the best ladders to buy for safety ,

i had a bad day in the wind yesterday and was not at all confident with the cheap start up ladders i bought,
 know you are going to give me some stick for not doing it properly from the offset, but money is tight and i thought i could get an ordinary set of alluminium double ladders.

How wrong i was :( , they were bending in the middle too much,
they blew down in the wind (not with me on them)

I just did not feel safe , and it was taking me forever to do the upstairs windows,... does anyone have a set for sale second hand, locally?... as they are very expensive i think new..... whilst i am building a round...... please go easy on me starting up with crap gear.

will318

Re: BEST LADDERS
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 09:03:21 am »
I bought a pair of window cleaner's ladders from Globe Ladders in Birmingham when I first started: 2-part aluminium ladders, very light and easy to carry around. They are 3M in length, extending to 5.5M. I had some rubber feet put on for extra stability. These ladders cost around £200 but should last you a lifetime and are worth every penny. I've never felt anything but safe on them.

geefree

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:38:09 pm »
cheers will, i simply cant afford that just now, thanks for the info tho, i will in time... ;)

stephen

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:38:51 pm »
hi there is a place in holbeck leeds that sell ramsey window cleaning ladders.

geefree

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 04:41:15 pm »
cheers steve, will look them up, any idea where it is ?

geefree

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 04:44:47 pm »
or the name of the company

cheers.

david68

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 08:50:35 pm »
Hi Gazza
I brought 2 sets of Ladders from Global Ladders, They are 3 mtrs double when closed.
I only use one set and the other set is new.
You can buy them for £70 and they are great, these are what window cleaners use.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

geefree

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 10:57:56 pm »
hi dave thanks for that,.. that would be great, where in the country are you.

gary.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 04:36:27 pm »
i'm from wales and we bought our's from a builders huws gray fitlock maybe squeaky has heard of it  for 3meter double it was about 100 quid for titan well worth ithad them for 4 years now!!

Adam Boss

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 06:27:53 pm »
Been in the business for nearly 20 years and I can say a true window cleaners ladder is a height of 3.5 meters closed.
I use Titan and have just fitted trim to fit feet and find that they are really good, anyone can fit these and they are made from the same material as the Ladder stopper which I find an excellent piece of kit.
Regards

asboss ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
EST: 1988