Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cold frosty days
« on: October 23, 2008, 10:21:29 am »
Hi Lads,

if you are traditional or wfp,

just wondering here as we are approaching winter. Its going to get cold. Water will freeze on the pane of glass. etc.

What do you guys do.

Leave the window cleaning... wait for warmer days

or is there another way.

regards

Dave

mci services

Re: Cold frosty days
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:18:38 am »
last winter i only had one window freeze on me, the heat from inside is normally enough. but i have used a bit screen wash in my bucket from time to time.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:20:54 am »
Doesn't get that cold here. if it was i wait till later in the day. and work 6 days instead of 5.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:30:45 am »
last winter i only had one window freeze on me, the heat from inside is normally enough. but i have used a bit screen wash in my bucket from time to time.

Thats a good idea. Screen wash. Never thought of that. Cheers.

thanks for the replies

Dave

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 03:56:41 pm »
You won't lose much time to water freezing on the glass.

If its that cold and it does start to freeze on the glass go home and come back a few hours later usually it would have warmed up a degree or so and you will then be able to clean the windows.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:13:07 pm »

What are you a fAg?  ;D

ok cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 05:23:41 pm »
 i work all year around no matter how cold or hot it is (not working when it is too wet) you get used to it like any ting else

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 05:51:46 pm »
hot WFP its the only way

plus warm hands

Kevin R

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 09:16:59 pm »
hot WFP its the only way

plus warm hands

Me too + fur lined rigger boots and a wooly hat - mmmmmm Toasty

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 09:33:43 pm »
Dave, (Pristine),

You're in Kent!  Think of the poor ginger window cleaners in Scotland and how tough they have it!

You've got nothing to worry about; if they can do it so can you.

The only thing I don't like about the Winter is the shorter daylight hours; I normally never work past 3.00 pm, but sometimes I want to, but in deapest darkest Winter, it starts getting dark around then and working on residential houses in the dark, makes me ponder that my customers may think I'm a bit 'daft'!.

I think the clocks go back this weekend; and that always winds me up (though I know there's a good reason for it).

However I can and have cleaned windows in the dark without complaint.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 08:34:03 am »
I think its quite nice sometimes working when its that cold, you appreciate the little things like the inside of your van and going home lol.
But when the windows freeze up, you may aswell go to the pub and have a coffe and some grub and wait till a bit later before you go back to work, last time they froze up on me the windows were o.k to work with by about 11a.m, thats most of the day gone but better than trying to clean and not getting anywhere (very frustrating plus you would look a bit of a t*t lol)
when I'm cleaning windows

Rob.Hall

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 09:19:21 am »
Clocks going back and shorter daylight hours gets me going to Tosh!

NWH

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 08:42:27 pm »
Dave, (Pristine),

You're in Kent!  Think of the poor ginger window cleaners in Scotland and how tough they have it!

You've got nothing to worry about; if they can do it so can you.

The only thing I don't like about the Winter is the shorter daylight hours; I normally never work past 3.00 pm, but sometimes I want to, but in deapest darkest Winter, it starts getting dark around then and working on residential houses in the dark, makes me ponder that my customers may think I'm a bit 'daft'!.

I think the clocks go back this weekend; and that always winds me up (though I know there's a good reason for it).

However I can and have cleaned windows in the dark without complaint.
Poor ginger WC`s that made me LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy McGeechan

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 08:34:32 am »
Hi Lads,

if you are traditional or wfp,

just wondering here as we are approaching winter. Its going to get cold. Water will freeze on the pane of glass. etc.

What do you guys do.

or is there another way.

regards 

Dave

A half pint of antifreeze in your bucket. works wonders
Andy Mc

Dave Turley

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 08:59:00 am »
"poor ginger window cleaners" made me laugh too!

I don't like the clocks going back either, but thinking about it, if they didn't we would be waiting round for an extra hour for things to warm up to a sensible temperature .
hoefully that won't be a problem with my hot wfp.... just hope I don't crack any more windows! ::)