Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

1 or 2 hours fill up on a 1000lts RO system
« on: August 05, 2006, 06:32:08 pm »
Not sure if any one remembers (must have been a year ago) a company or individuals, was selling systems that you fill up off stand pipes (hydrant) think they was on e-bay, any one know them or contract details   

Andy

chris@c.m.s

Re: 1 or 2 hours fill up on a 1000lts RO system
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 07:31:52 pm »
Hi Andy if I remember rightly there were a few questions asked about the legality of using hydrants when the firm came to light, as far as I am concerned its a big no no I could be wrong but would be very suprised if I am, and how would you pay for the water?
Sussex by the sea

Johnboyfree

Re: 1 or 2 hours fill up on a 1000lts RO system
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:43:34 pm »
You can apply to the water authority where you are drawing youre water from,I live in Kent and with the Drought Orders I have made arrangements if need be to extract water from any hydrant,you pay a set fee.....in my case £150 for 6 months hire of a standpipe to extract the water and you get the first 50,000 ltrs free,after this I have to pay 93 pence per 1,000 ltrs,the standpipe has a meter attatched so they can tell how much you have taken,if only Beer and Fuel was this cheap :(