Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KJG

Just lost another of my first commercial jobs to Mitie or however it's spelt. The job in question was worth at least £120 but I charged just £45 and kept it at that price for years as a thank you for taking me on when I started on my own. Greedy bleeders >:(

Paul Coleman

Re: Big all round maintenance firms bunging in the wc'ing for peanuts?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 06:37:35 am »
Just lost another of my first commercial jobs to Mitie or however it's spelt. The job in question was worth at least £120 but I charged just £45 and kept it at that price for years as a thank you for taking me on when I started on my own. Greedy bleeders >:(

It's always been like that.  A company do the general cleaning and other maintenance at a place.  They then quote the window cleaning very low within that price as they know that the window cleaning is one of the easiest bits to lose.

ducky

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 08:35:58 pm »
well they lost a very big contract the hole of scotlands diageo sites the company i work for got it. ;D
if it cleans we will clean it

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 09:59:06 pm »
i believe mitie has gone bust as a friend ws asked to quote on a place they clean cos they went under

shawn ???
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

KJG

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 10:44:18 pm »
i believe mitie has gone bust as a friend ws asked to quote on a place they clean cos they went under

shawn ???

I've no time for these 'jack of all trades' nationwide outfits. Maybe punters are starting to realise the so called 'less hassle 1 invoice' deal is a load of cr@p - as in cr@p service.

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 11:10:39 pm »
I was speaking to a chap who was cleaning a renault dealership In Inverness with a wfp a couple of months ago.

After He gave me a shot of the pole we started talking about prices. So I asked him how much the company he works for charges renault and he replied "free" :o

I nearly fainted!

When I questioned him he said that they have the cleaning and maintenance contract and they do so well from this that they throw in the window cleaning for free >:(

I think this Is really unfair for the average joe blogs like myself who Is wanting to get Into comercial work.

How can we compete with that ???

I would have charged about £150 for that job and would have been a nice little earner for me ;) Not now >:(

Matthew
Clear Vision

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:22:48 pm »
I would have charged about £150 for that job and would have been a nice little earner for me ;) Not now >:(
How much??
I could have got the plane up there, charged £120 and still made a profit. ;D

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 11:26:32 pm »
He told me they don't like traditional window cleaning!

Thats you ruled out then squeek  ;D

Matthew
Clear Vision

KJG

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 11:27:36 pm »
I was speaking to a chap who was cleaning a renault dealership In Inverness with a wfp a couple of months ago.

After He gave me a shot of the pole we started talking about prices. So I asked him how much the company he works for charges renault and he replied "free" :o

I nearly fainted!

When I questioned him he said that they have the cleaning and maintenance contract and they do so well from this that they throw in the window cleaning for free >:(

I think this Is really unfair for the average joe blogs like myself who Is wanting to get Into comercial work.

How can we compete with that ???

Matthew
Clear Vision

Maybe we should drag our moms out of the bingo halls and start offering free office cleaning :P

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »
He told me they don't like traditional window cleaning!
Well why would they? All that clean shiny glass with no spots and runs...... ;D

You been on the rum again Squealy?
Hi Pj. ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 11:44:43 pm »
A man of many faces you are Pj  ;), are you having an identity crisis or something ???

ecowasher

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 06:30:03 pm »
They bung it in for free,  but pay someone to do it.  (theres a mark up to absorb it somewhere).
doesnt that suggest to you that your contract should be with that firm????? not direct?????

re-align your target market to whoever is the supplier,  if the buyer is buying bulk.

Grant
Beer!