Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P®oPole™

Re: Stupid is, as stupid does.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 07:47:16 pm »
One house i do has two skylights in the roof, but it's a galleried roof so really high up. Only way to get to them is over the roof and shimmy down to them !!!! So one day I clambered up the roof and went " over the top" to get down to the other side. Some old guy saw me from across the road and thought i was trying to break in. He came over and confronted me...still didn't believe me when he saw my bucket, scrims, cloths squeegee..... was only convinced when i showed him my business card and my  customer contact book with her name and number in it . I shouldn't really moan, at least he was bothered!!!!

Hi Julian,

Just out of intrest, how much did you charge for these two windows, and roughly how high would you of said it was.

Obviously not seeing this I cant comment much, presuming it has a valley gutter and high guarding wall, its not to bad and can be done under the right conditions, I doubt I would go up and over, even at any height, seems alot of hassle to clean a couple of sky lights. Must of paid well.

dai

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 08:49:15 pm »
I asked a customer today how her sick husband was doing, only to be told he died in February. A bit embarrassing on the 1st August.
The daftest thing I did was to go on the roof to adjust the TV Ariel.
I had put the ladder up to the gable and walked the rest of the way to the top of the roof. I would have put it up to the ridge but the garage was in the way. When It came to coming down I realised that the roof was covered with slimy moss. No way would I risk walking back down to the ladder. I called my stepson and asked him to take the ladder round to the other side of the house, and then put it up to the ridge. He is a chief petty officer in the navy, but had no idea how to lower an extension ladder. The ex missus and him tried to carry it round extended and it ended up in a pile in the garden. I had to wake my mate who was on nights to come and rescue me. What a Pratt. Dai

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 04:20:56 pm »
Well , i did not have any stories worthy of posting , but it appears in the last 2 days i have decided to make a proper nob of myself !

The first was was on Thursday , after having a bone idle week i decided to go great guns , i was running around like a madman , what with this and the heat by 2 pm i had developed S.R.S , Stinging Ring Syndrome .
Come on we have all had it !
Anyway , the pain and itch got so bad i had to stop and nurse it , i found a secluded area and bathed my bumhole , i then perched between the seats to give the badboy an airing , this was fantastic until i decided to pass wind , due to the chinese the night before the inevitable happened , the dreaded follow through got me , i looked down to see a brown hand brake !
I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up !

Today was just as bad , got caught short needed a P real urgent , luckily i was at a big end of cul de sac house , fences all round , winner , i went behind the van and did my thing , i then saw my next cusomer on at her window staring at me , i was looking at her through the bulkhead window so there was no possible way she could see what i was up to , only then was it that i saw that i had left my side loading door open , and she did in fact have a full frontal of me .

When i got to her i started to explain , she just said dont worry my love , your secret is safe with me , if you gotta go you gotta go , just shut your door next time will you , she then proceeded to laugh in my face !

What will i do tomorrow i wonder !

Rich   P @ F   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 06:06:10 pm »
Well , i did not have any stories worthy of posting , but it appears in the last 2 days i have decided to make a proper nob of myself !

The first was was on Thursday , after having a bone idle week i decided to go great guns , i was running around like a madman , what with this and the heat by 2 pm i had developed S.R.S , Stinging Ring Syndrome .
Come on we have all had it !
Anyway , the pain and itch got so bad i had to stop and nurse it , i found a secluded area and bathed my bumhole , i then perched between the seats to give the badboy an airing , this was fantastic until i decided to pass wind , due to the chinese the night before the inevitable happened , the dreaded follow through got me , i looked down to see a brown hand brake !
I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up !

Today was just as bad , got caught short needed a P real urgent , luckily i was at a big end of cul de sac house , fences all round , winner , i went behind the van and did my thing , i then saw my next cusomer on at her window staring at me , i was looking at her through the bulkhead window so there was no possible way she could see what i was up to , only then was it that i saw that i had left my side loading door open , and she did in fact have a full frontal of me .

When i got to her i started to explain , she just said dont worry my love , your secret is safe with me , if you gotta go you gotta go , just shut your door next time will you , she then proceeded to laugh in my face !

What will i do tomorrow i wonder !

Rich   P @ F   

Too much information LOL.
Maybe you should take some corks out with you.
Seriously though, getting caught short can be a problem sometimes.  As I've got a bit older, I find I have to take more care what I eat.  I know where all the local dumping holes are (garages, pubs supermarkets etc).

Trevor Knight

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 06:12:05 pm »
Thanks Rich,

What has been a hard day is now a lot better reading your story.

Am going home laughing my head off!!!

Priceless  ;D ;D
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 08:33:25 pm »
Oh my word Rich, talk about too much information Lol ;D

Did make me laugh though!!

my worst injury wasn't specifically ladder related, I was a decorator at the time and was doing an industrial painting job in a Papermill.
Had to build our own scafolding towers around this huge unit (about the size of a semi)
Was using high pressure water jetting units to blast of the old paint and mill scale, full wetsuit, goggles and gloves, hell of a job.
I was about 20ft up and stepped onto a scaffold platform I hadn't secured properly, and although we were always connected to guard rails with safety harnesses, it was at that point where I had disconnected and was stepping across to the next securing point.
Out goes the duckboard and down I go, I make a grap for the outside of a guard rail as I go down, but thick wet rubber gloves prove useless for this task.
I end out plummetting straight down with my body horizontal because of trying to grap the handrail...
Below is a solid concrete floor...but my fall is broken by a stray stanchion sticking up about a couple of feet (the back of one thigh landed on this) and a large H section girder about the same height (the back of my head hit this)
Those two points of impact actually broke my fall, net result was a really neat head wound (blood everywhere) and an enourmous bruise on the back of my leg.
I rather think that if I had fallen directly onto the concrete flat on my back I would have been badly injured....

there have been other incidents...it'll read like a book though if I carry on :-X

I'll do another post when I'm not being nagged...boy am I being nagged for being on here :'(

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES