Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

www.mrgutters.co.uk

a really hard job
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:10:46 pm »
hi all

i am doing a job for a friend .. but what a nightmare ... its 10 one side 10 windows another and front 4 so 24 then on the very top floor ie the roof 8 windows ..

first prob its on a corner right by a busy station .. no parking or pavement just road.... did it a 5.00am on tues my pole broke .. so i went back the next day 5.00am and did 8 windows in an hour they are so dirty plus the white from the frames run down the glass when you rinse. and also you need to dodge buses and delivery guys even at this time of the day... every time i get the angle right on the pole a strretsweeper or car or truck or bus comes round the corner so need to collapse the pole.. and start all over again.

its an absolute nightmare

now the guy whos job it is recomends doing it on a sunday morning t about 4:30 or 5:00

any suggestions..

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Chris Cottrell

Re: a really hard job
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:16:24 pm »
me thinks he soon wont be a friend at that rate :P

beefy

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:20:08 pm »
just say NO !!!

jinky230

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:25:38 pm »
shawn you need to watch usually you need consent from the local police and from the local council to do work on bus routes

this type of work is usually done sunday morning early and the roads are coned off for h and s  reasons, you will find that most of these buildings have bottom level done and the top levels get a blind eye put to them

jinky

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:30:04 am »
I am afraid if you're in a bus route as said before its a Sunday morning early call. I hope you have priced for this and if you haven't then do so!

I know they are a friend but business is business and friendships are friendships, keep them seperate!

best of luck,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 11:15:25 am »
Let your mate know the problem. Then let him know its his problem.

Steve

macc

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 09:54:41 pm »
Stay in bed.  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 10:29:15 pm »
hi all

now the guy whos job it is recomends doing it on a sunday morning t about 4:30 or 5:00

any suggestions..

shawn

Do it on a Sunday morning about 4.30/5.00 am

If you can change the price then change the price

As the job is part done then finish it this time

Learn from it
It's a game of three halves!