Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash and dash

Re: Go cardless question
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2024, 07:32:22 pm »
Hi guys, just a quick question for those that use go cardless. Do I need to have the customers email address to sign them up?
I have a mobile number for all customers but pretty much no email address. I use cleaner planner and want integrate go cardless into that but from what I can tell I need to email all customers a sign up link? Trying to get over 300 email addresses from customers seems a little tedious and time consuming!
Thanks!

If you've only got 300+ customers(like me)why do you need gocardless?

Nearly all my customers pay by BACS within 14 days of clean(free of charge). Obviously I still have rolling debt of around £500 at any one time but I'd rather keep as much of my money as possible than giving it to a third party...

Just want more control of when I get paid daz. What other business allows customers to pay when they can be bothered?
I want to complete a week's work and then get paid in one go for that work, rather then drips and coming in over the next few weeks and constantly having to keep track of and update it all the time.

Fair play it's your business....I only have to send a text reminder to around 10 customers a month. The rest pay within a few weeks of their last clean.

It takes around 10 mins per day to update my debt list by phone which is perfectly acceptable to me.

So around 3 and a half hours a month,  or 42 hours a year. More than a full working week spent when its not needed.

But go cardless fees for a year would be much higher especially if you have a lot of customers.

He doesnt need the money though, so surely the time saved would make it a massive benefit. Plus, 300 customers if all were on it, wouldnt even add up top £1000 a year.

I thought the fee was dependent on the cost of the job not the number of transactions?

Tam1872

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2024, 08:13:01 pm »
Hi guys, just a quick question for those that use go cardless. Do I need to have the customers email address to sign them up?
I have a mobile number for all customers but pretty much no email address. I use cleaner planner and want integrate go cardless into that but from what I can tell I need to email all customers a sign up link? Trying to get over 300 email addresses from customers seems a little tedious and time consuming!
Thanks!

If you've only got 300+ customers(like me)why do you need gocardless?

Nearly all my customers pay by BACS within 14 days of clean(free of charge). Obviously I still have rolling debt of around £500 at any one time but I'd rather keep as much of my money as possible than giving it to a third party...

Just want more control of when I get paid daz. What other business allows customers to pay when they can be bothered?
I want to complete a week's work and then get paid in one go for that work, rather then drips and coming in over the next few weeks and constantly having to keep track of and update it all the time.

Fair play it's your business....I only have to send a text reminder to around 10 customers a month. The rest pay within a few weeks of their last clean.

It takes around 10 mins per day to update my debt list by phone which is perfectly acceptable to me.

So around 3 and a half hours a month,  or 42 hours a year. More than a full working week spent when its not needed.

But go cardless fees for a year would be much higher especially if you have a lot of customers.

He doesnt need the money though, so surely the time saved would make it a massive benefit. Plus, 300 customers if all were on it, wouldnt even add up top £1000 a year.

I thought the fee was dependent on the cost of the job not the number of transactions?

Thinks it's 20 pence a transaction plus 1%. It's not alot of money to be paying out when it guarantees cash flow.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2024, 01:59:10 pm »
Some of you must have some terribly forgetful customers!🤣🤣👍

My cash flow is excellent and has been for many years due to a very well established round and payment terms. The key for me was when I sorted out my finances and got well ahead with my bills so I don't need the money right away this week...

I used to live hand to mouth in the 90s and early 2000s. It was awful at times. I used to get angry if I was owed £100 never mind £500 or a £1000! Now it doesn't matter because it all trickles into my account every day of the year.

First thing I did was build up an emergency fund(currently £10k in a zopa easy access ISA 4.8% interest)separate from my regular current account that payments get paid into.This took me a few years to build up.My current account always has a couple of grand in it at anyone time for bills and direct debits into other bank accounts for various things(tax,insurance,holiday funds,etc).I also have money invested in 3 year fixed rate bonds.

It makes zero difference whether I get paid today or sometime in the next 4 weeks.
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2024, 04:27:37 pm »
Ooh well aren’t you clever Dazmond!

Some of these guys may have large mortgages & young kids. Maybe wives that have to pick the kids up from school & child care etc to pay for. We don’t all live in subsidised housing paying £300 rent! All you have ever had to do is look after yourself. You’re always making out you’re living the dream. You need to wind your neck in sometimes.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2024, 04:51:10 pm »
Ooh well aren’t you clever Dazmond!

Some of these guys may have large mortgages & young kids. Maybe wives that have to pick the kids up from school & child care etc to pay for. We don’t all live in subsidised housing paying £300 rent! All you have ever had to do is look after yourself. You’re always making out you’re living the dream. You need to wind your neck in sometimes.

I'm moving out soon and into my missus 4 bed house so I'll be helping  her with the mortgage. I think shes only got 2 years left on it and it'll be paid off luckily.

Actually I've been helping my missus out financially and the kids for years. I must have spent at least £60k just on holidays over the last 12 years!
price higher/work harder!

martinw

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2024, 05:02:27 pm »
Go careless can  be good to some extent. Payout circa 10 days. Fees more expensive than credit cards nowadays on lower amounts higher volume due to 20 p plus vat per transaction plus tier percentage
Things to watch out for with new sign ups  is that not all bank accounts support direct debits yet gc allows customers to sign up.
If transactions fails it’s your cost. Their answer to this is for you to verify if customer has compliant account…  lovely that one is.
Second recently it seems they have changed  customer bank detail updates now you can not do it yourself as service provider  unless you are on top payment tier.  Customers have to get in touch with gc directly or cancel and sign up again. Still their cancellation notification is hopeless. End of rant.