Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Univalve plus....price!
« on: August 16, 2024, 05:44:40 pm »
Just ordered 2 univalves(plus versions)....

£147.54 with VAT and delivery

That's nearly £75 per univalve!

Not ordered any for a few years but I've broke 2 of em trying to get them off old pole hose(snapped off one of the barb ends)

Anyone know why they seem to be very expensive these days esp the ones with stainless steel springs?
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

Re: Univalve plus....price!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2024, 06:34:55 pm »
I used the very first ones that were made but don't like them so stopped using them. Got three brand new ones I ought to put on ebay as I'll never use them.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 08:05:01 pm »
Just under an hours work for most on here then🤣🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2024, 09:00:03 pm »
I used the very first ones that were made but don't like them so stopped using them. Got three brand new ones I ought to put on ebay as I'll never use them.

I love em...and couldn't be without them.the first 2 I had lasted many years,the last 3 only a couple of years.

Hopefully the plus ones will be like the first ones he manufactured with the better springs and seals...👍

simon w

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2024, 02:13:36 pm »

Not ordered any for a few years but I've broke 2 of em trying to get them off old pole hose(snapped off one of the barb ends)

Anyone know why they seem to be very expensive these days esp the ones with stainless steel springs?

£75.00 each and they last longer than a year, stop and think how much that piece of kit has earn't you, how tight the average WC is and how long the manufacturer/retailer has to wait to sell another to that individual. Retailers know the average money a WC can earn during the lifetime of their product, suddenly £75.00 seems kind of fair .

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2024, 02:28:03 pm »

£75.00 each and they last longer than a year, stop and think how much that piece of kit has earn't you, how tight the average WC is and how long the manufacturer/retailer has to wait to sell another to that individual. Retailers know the average money a WC can earn during the lifetime of their product, suddenly £75.00 seems kind of fair .

I'm fully expecting a univalve plus on my main pole to last 3 or 4 years(20 years on my high level pole that only gets used a few times a month)

We ll see....👍😄

michael mckeary

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2024, 03:02:11 pm »

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2024, 08:56:32 pm »

If only they were 'fair' to begin with we would have no need to buy the same thing, at a fraction of the price from Ebay!
'They' purposely didn't use stainless springs knowing this would lessen the service life of the product. They said in a youtube video that stainless springs didn't work properly in the Univalve. It's only when the Ebay kits got so popular that suddenly 'they' decided that stainless springs do now, indeed work perfectly well! But, 'they' decided to still vastly over-charge their customers for the pleasure!!
The Ebay guy is the most 'fair' of them all.👍
Comfortably Numb!

michael mckeary

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2024, 09:59:58 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhrpEE__9g

There's a few videos on Utube for servicing our Univalve.😉 

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2024, 05:37:00 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhrpEE__9g

There's a few videos on Utube for servicing our Univalve.😉

Yep, he thinks we're all zipped up the back!! The stainless spring actually works better!!😄
My first stainless one must be 2 years old now and still working like new!
Comfortably Numb!