Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Highest TDS Cleaned with?
« on: August 28, 2024, 10:29:19 pm »
Bit of a Situation.  Appears our Membranes have gone all of sudden.  Normally as we are fairly low tds we rarely ever have to change the resin or membranes. 

Membranes are shot though tds has gone up to 28.  The issue i have is that both van tanks are full of water plus IBC also full, all reading 28.

I can get that reading back to 0-010 (normal levels by friday)

But i cant for tomorrows work.  Thursdays work is already booked in.  We literally do not have the time to get water produced by 8am tomorrow morning and the nearest water filling in station is over 1 hour away so that is out of the question.

My thoughts are just tell the lads to do extra rinsing and hope for the best with water reading 028.

Ive cleaned with 020 before and had no spotting issues at all, even cleaned up to 030 in the past, but i find that your just asking for a higher chance of spotting issues, and you probably need to rinse more.

So what do you reckon?  Can we get away with 1 day of cleaning with water at 028?

Both my workers are on annual holidays after friday so we have no wiggle room, the work has to get done tomorrow i am just curious what other people have done in emergency situations where maybe using higher tds was needed for like 1-2 days max.

Smudger

Re: Highest TDS Cleaned with?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 10:46:27 pm »
032 was my highest when like you a membrane went kaput - I noticed because I was getting intermittent spotting on some windows usually those in direct strong sunlight

personally I wouldn't risk it - I'd dump half then dilute with fresh 000 to 005

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 06:49:35 am »
As you are up against it I'd go for it.

If you get any complaints - and they will likely be few if any then get those re-done ASAP even if you personally have to do them on the weekend.

Good luck.

It's a game of three halves!

james peters

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2024, 07:23:36 am »
I live in a soft water area  75ish tds..... there have been many occasions where I have done a gutter / fascia clean and cleaned the windows with tap water as I go around with the intent of rinsing them with pure on completion.
on many occasions the windows have dried spotless  without the need to finish off with pure .
I would work with the 28  .

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 07:20:54 pm »
Fit a DI  just before the hose and you'll be fine for the day

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2024, 07:25:23 pm »
Good shout
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

jo5hm4n

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2024, 09:21:57 pm »
Thanks all.  We decided to risk it in the end.  So far 1 complaint, which is booked for a reclean.

New Membranes, Filters and Resin.  That's us sorted for at least 4 months now!!!!

TDS was coming out of the RO at 005 before DI.  Love it.