Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Re: SLX poles out of stock
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2024, 08:31:22 am »
There’s loads of carbon fibre window cleaning poles for sale on Chinese wholesale websites, but who knows what the quality is like. Could be worth a try, they are mega cheap in comparison to uk supplier poles.

Adam, you be the first to try  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2024, 04:05:47 pm »
I would think the quality is about the same as the ones your paying for from gardiners - WCW - Streamline etc...

Just cutting out the middleman
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

michael mckeary

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2024, 08:02:09 pm »
A wfp will last 2 years before the top section breaks. I just buy a new top section and I'm good to go for another 2 years. I would try to go easy on the poles and they will last a lot longer.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2024, 11:20:11 pm »
A wfp will last 2 years before the top section breaks. I just buy a new top section and I'm good to go for another 2 years. I would try to go easy on the poles and they will last a lot longer.

I find it's similar with my Xtreme 25, but usually its #2 section that goes every 2 years due to wear inside and out . #1 goes about every three years, probably due to only wearing on the outside. Section #3 gives way about every four to five years due to much lighter use, and to date I've not had to replace sections #4&5 as they get used even less frequently than section #3.

I try to anticipate when each section is about ready to go and buy the necessary part in advance.

michael mckeary

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2024, 08:26:46 am »
I find it's similar with my Xtreme 25, but usually its #2 section that goes every 2 years due to wear inside and out . #1 goes about every three years, probably due to only wearing on the outside. Section #3 gives way about every four to five years due to much lighter use, and to date I've not had to replace sections #4&5 as they get used even less frequently than section #3.

I try to anticipate when each section is about ready to go and buy the necessary part in advance.

I've had the 25' for over 4 years and still looks new. Only use it a  handful of times a month and even less since I bought the 22'. Its my 18' that takes all the beating so that's why I have two of them. One breaks then I order the part if I don't have it and run with the other one. Going to buy a new 25' and add the 4 sections I have to make a 47' pole and then that's me complete. Two 18', 22', 25' 35' and a 47' and when I retire I will sell them. 😉
Red 50% jets are out of stock!

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2024, 08:53:02 am »
Most SLX poles are now showing as being available.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2024, 08:57:13 am »
My current section 4 xtreme is damaged a bit on the first third of the section. so  long as I don't clamp it on that bit it's fine.i will replace it soon with a spare section I have in my pole graveyard.the pole is 15 months old.

It's usually the first 3 sections that wear the most so I have loads of 4 and 5 section extremes.i think next time I'll just order the first 3 sections when I need a new xtreme pole.(I use a 25 footer as my main pole)
price higher/work harder!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2024, 09:16:09 am »
Regarding buying poles from China.

Our franchisees get pretty much a couple of years out of the everyday poles (longer reach ones last far longer). They tend to work about 200 days a year. So a £400 pole costs a quid a day, on which they earn hundreds.

You're far better off working out if you can fit one more clean into a day by shaving time off cleans than you are trawling round the internet to save 50p a day buying an unknown, unguaranteed key piece of equipment.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2024, 09:19:22 am »
Most SLX poles are now showing as being available.

Thanks. My OP was posted out of concern that I might have missed an announcement that they were phasing them out or such like.

Vin

michael mckeary

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2024, 01:43:43 pm »
Was talking to Gardiners this morning and all the SLX are back in stock but they have orders to make up. Another thing, they are closed Thursday and Friday so I put my order in this morning hoping it arrives on Friday. Backpacks are back in stock also.

windowswashed

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2024, 06:18:49 pm »
Ordered top two sections of supermax and extra shims and springs to refresh some other poles as it's about time to replace some bits.

the king

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2024, 08:05:10 pm »
i love my extreme poles but i have to say my xline nano with phamton clamp upgrade is still going strong with hardly any ome were since changing clamps its just a shame its not a bit liter on the tip sections but its bloody strong