Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Wisdom

roofscraper.co.uk
« on: August 06, 2024, 04:59:26 pm »
Have they gone bust?????

Emails are bouncing back to me and have an outstanding order with them unfortunately that I still have not received.

Also where are people getting the blades ect from these days, as Freemans have gone also.

Splash and dash

Re: roofscraper.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 08:48:39 pm »
Have they gone bust?????

Emails are bouncing back to me and have an outstanding order with them unfortunately that I still have not received.

Also where are people getting the blades ect from these days, as Freemans have gone also.

Think spinner clean sell them ( Skyvac)

michael mckeary

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 07:43:32 pm »
I recently bought a set from Spinaclean which set me back nearly 3 ton. From the moment I used them I realised why the high cost because they are great. First job paid for them so I'm glad I bought them.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 08:08:45 am »
Scraping is horrid hard work and yet to see a finish like this

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2024, 06:32:43 pm »
Yes its hard work just done three  BIG detached houses in a row. Just have to wait for the results with a scrape and biocide. Pressure washing is a nightmare.  Have seen a few done by where I live and two new roofs later :(

I cant even get insurance for pressure washing these days for roof cleans - must of been a few claims I reckon.

Did do one many moons ago with my 21litre machine and an adapted gardener pole with a turbo head on the end. Ok much quicker and instant results but holding that up all day was worse than scraping.

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2024, 06:33:24 pm »
Looks like my bits are being delivered tomorrow - so they are still trading :)

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2024, 11:20:55 pm »
Yes its hard work just done three  BIG detached houses in a row. Just have to wait for the results with a scrape and biocide. Pressure washing is a nightmare.  Have seen a few done by where I live and two new roofs later :(

I cant even get insurance for pressure washing these days for roof cleans - must of been a few claims I reckon.

Did do one many moons ago with my 21litre machine and an adapted gardener pole with a turbo head on the end. Ok much quicker and instant results but holding that up all day was worse than scraping.

you can not account for cowboys whatever the industry - same the same in the building trade

we use a high access machine so 2 meter lances - not wearing on the arms at all - 4 hours done and dusted
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2024, 11:24:30 pm »
Todays - defo wouldn't scrape this

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2024, 11:25:06 pm »
Any pic's Paul?

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2024, 08:02:27 am »
Todays - defo wouldn't scrape this

Yes we would scrape that but it would not look like your end result until about 6 months time hahaha. We work off a 2 man tower when scraping and take out time to be honest. I am 67 and my mate is nearly 70 so they are doable :) KEEPS US FIT
Retiring soon so I keep saying.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2024, 06:14:38 pm »
when you say take your time how long - bearing in mind thats about 1/2 the roof

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2024, 07:08:07 pm »
Semi takes us a day, these big detached houses I allow 2 days, but finish at 3pm knackered by then hahah so usually pop back the following for a few hours to clean up properly and make sure the customer is a happy bunny.

I do not do these full time like you - window cleaning and some pressure washing is my fav. Probably do 1 a week during April to the middle of September then that is it. I go to Spain from the 5th January until the 15th of March, we have a little house in Nerja so roof money pays for the break. ;D
Week off next week, off fishing for a few days on the Wear for the Sea Trout. Then we start a big very mossy awkward one on my return, will pop a few photos up of this one.

Paul

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2024, 07:10:52 pm »
Good on ya - I just couldn’t do all that scraping