Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Slick 2 connectors
« on: January 05, 2024, 04:24:18 pm »
Opinions please from those who have used them, are they worth the money? Are they better than the original slick connectors.? Is there anything better out there?. I've always used hozelock fitting, for convenience as much as anything else (ie available locally) but fed up with leaks and short life span. Are slick connectors better?

KS Cleaning

Re: Slick 2 connectors
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 04:39:23 pm »
Not built to last. Fiddly if you have to replace parts. They catch between brick courses. I’ve went back to rectus21.

Ched

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 04:45:47 pm »
I have found the Tuff connects (https://www.rootek-designs.co.uk/product/7457256/tuff-connect) very good. Since using it for the last year I haven't had to replace the rectus21 at all.
It's robust but it does catch on things - as I think most connectors will. It's made of a PU plastic type stuff, so has a bit of give in it and is not brittle.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 05:50:17 pm »
I have found the Tuff connects (https://www.rootek-designs.co.uk/product/7457256/tuff-connect) very good. Since using it for the last year I haven't had to replace the rectus21 at all.
It's robust but it does catch on things - as I think most connectors will. It's made of a PU plastic type stuff, so has a bit of give in it and is not brittle.

I'll second the tuff connects. Used slick2's previously but they get caught on everything!!!
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 06:49:13 pm »
How long do they last or have never needed replacing

£20 to protect a £7 part is a bit hard to swallow
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 07:16:01 pm »

Can i just clarify, does the connector include the actual fitting or is it just a cover ?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 08:36:54 pm »

Can i just clarify, does the connector include the actual fitting or is it just a cover ?

It includes both male and female rectus fittings .
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 08:40:20 pm »
Worth noting... it comes with a double-ear O clip for the hose reel side and doesn't work properly without it so make sure you have some pincers or O clip pliers to 'pinch' the clip.👍
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2024, 08:51:32 pm »

You're right, it does seem excessive. However, the rectus fitting being protected should last much, much longer than one which is unprotected. Also, with the tuff connect fitted, it's impossible for the coupling to come apart accidently- an unprotected rectus 21 comes apart constantly when you pull the hose along the ground. The tuff connect gets snagged FAR less than a Slick2 as well. As for how long the tuff connect lasts? I can't say as I've not had it long enough to find out but..... it's made from a material which gives me confidence in it's endurance, kind of like between hard rubber and plastic so I think it will take some breaking under normal use. It's a good product that's been well thought out.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2024, 09:38:36 pm »

We tested them for the guy that sells them for months before he started selling them the original ones are still going strong not sure how long we have had them but sure it was before covid ?.. I would go as far as to say they are indestructible we have had cars drive over them repeatedly and not even damage the Rectus 21 fitting inside , I agree the price is very expensive for a bit of plastic but everything is over priced there days since using them we have never replaced the Rectus fitting  before would change them every 4-8 weeks

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2024, 09:39:13 pm »

Just the cover

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2024, 09:40:04 pm »

You're right, it does seem excessive. However, the rectus fitting being protected should last much, much longer than one which is unprotected. Also, with the tuff connect fitted, it's impossible for the coupling to come apart accidently- an unprotected rectus 21 comes apart constantly when you pull the hose along the ground. The tuff connect gets snagged FAR less than a Slick2 as well. As for how long the tuff connect lasts? I can't say as I've not had it long enough to find out but..... it's made from a material which gives me confidence in it's endurance, kind of like between hard rubber and plastic so I think it will take some breaking under normal use. It's a good product that's been well thought out.👍

Think they are made of nylon

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2024, 09:54:49 pm »

Just the cover

Mine came with rectus fittings. It states that the package comes with all fittings required.
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2024, 10:10:58 pm »

Just the cover

Mine came with rectus fittings. It states that the package comes with all fittings required.

Ah ok we were given them to test and it was just the covers 👍

NBwcs

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 11:30:19 am »
Thanks for your imput lads. Just one more question about the tuff connectors. If I fit the protective sleeve part of it on all my poles ie the male part, will this be able to fit onto a female rectus fitting which doesn't have the tuff connector fitted? I only ask as obviously all the poles you use will have to have the male fitting on there all the time but I use a backpack from time to time and it seems a total waste having a tuff connector on this as hardly gets used. Will the male connector stop me from joining up to a "naked" female fitting or will it get in the way?

richard connett

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2024, 11:47:59 am »
There will be no problem connecting. The male end cover will just float up and down the pole hose a bit

advanced

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2024, 05:03:50 pm »
Can’t stand the metal connectors they are all a real pain to work with ,
Slick connect  are my preferred choice  , mine lasts for 6 months if not more .

NBwcs

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 05:21:36 pm »
Just a heads up for any tuff connector users or if like me your thinking of moving over to them, ive found an active 20% code (WCF20) which reduces price to approx £16 which is more in line with slick 2 prices. Bearing in mind your getting a rectus fitting with it then not looking too expensive for a plastic cover anymore, and indeed if if preserves the life of the coupling as others have experienced on here along with hopefully less leaks and disconnections then its looking like a good buy imo.