Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GAZZA B

shadow gutter vac
« on: December 11, 2023, 02:18:58 pm »

lee_dewing

Re: shadow gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 02:47:04 pm »
Hello Gazza

I haven’t got one but that’s maybe what I’d get next.

Currently have Atom

Only thing I don’t like is the wattage 3400
Special extension lead needed, which GVs supply 👍🏻

Maybe I’m wrong but feels a bit juicy plugging into customers electric.
And a huge generator needed

I’m thinking of upscaling to a sonic Atom next 2800 watts

Think that’s the way I’d go

Think GVS should bring a shadow version out 2800 watts to 3000 watts that’s what I’d of done

Good luck and merry Christmas 🎄
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Ched

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 04:38:15 pm »
3400 watts is an exaggeration (in my opinion) UK mains was harmonised at 230vac about 20 years ago. So 230v x 13Amps = 2990watts. So all you can pull continuously from a UK 13Amp plus is 2990 watts. I would guess the 3400 watts label is just a peak power requirement.
As for extension cables, 1st off always fully unreel your extension cable as a coiled one can catch fire. 2nd buy a decent quality one ideally with 1.5mm2 conductor sizes.

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 04:54:34 pm »
I have the GVS panther 1700w and it is a really good vacuum.
I think most of the time (on domestic) you will only need one motor but good to have the other on standby.
Lee, I used to have the atom and I kept all my carbon poles and purchased the adaptor cuff so I could still use my atom poles, works a treat. I also purchased aluminium poles just for doing bungalows, they are ok but I am too lazy to clamp them all, so  I just use them loose. I am very happy with the Panther, so I can only imagine the Shadow would be ideal.
PS. the aluminium poles aren't that great because, although they feel strong, and fairly light, you tend to throw them around and the very end of the pole can 'dent' slightly which means you are now trying to fit a round pole into a hole that is very slightly oval! This can be a pain.
PPS I always fully extend the extension lead and use a circuit breaker on the extension lead reel, so you should never trip the custys electric, should a problem occur.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 05:02:42 pm »
Gvs are a decent company and the vac will perform well - @ 3400 watts ideally you should be using a genny as you may trip sensitive circuit breakers

Like any seller of vacs be aware you can buy the equivalent for £350 to £400 and add your own side entry for £30

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

GAZZA B

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 05:22:56 pm »
thanks guys very good advice

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 12:31:14 am »
I have the GVS panther 1700w and it is a really good vacuum.
I think most of the time (on domestic) you will only need one motor but good to have the other on standby.
Lee, I used to have the atom and I kept all my carbon poles and purchased the adaptor cuff so I could still use my atom poles, works a treat. I also purchased aluminium poles just for doing bungalows, they are ok but I am too lazy to clamp them all, so  I just use them loose. I am very happy with the Panther, so I can only imagine the Shadow would be ideal.
PS. the aluminium poles aren't that great because, although they feel strong, and fairly light, you tend to throw them around and the very end of the pole can 'dent' slightly which means you are now trying to fit a round pole into a hole that is very slightly oval! This can be a pain.
PPS I always fully extend the extension lead and use a circuit breaker on the extension lead reel, so you should never trip the custys electric, should a problem occur.

Hello Robbo
Glad you’re doing well with
panther 👍🏻

You inspired me to get Atom 😁👍🏻
Done around 50 jobs since getting it in September 2020
Was worried COVID might affect windows

So wanted add on
Luckily windows was all going well

Pleased with Atom
But a more powerful vac would  get more done quicker and more earnings
🤔

Stay busy Robbo 👍🏻
Thanks for the advice and all previous advice on Atom 😁👍🏻

Good luck Gazza on your purchase 👍🏻👍🏻
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

GAZZA B

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 07:10:13 am »
so i got the Shadow . and what a machine it is !
I also purchased a inverter generator 3500 , for when the customer is not at home, yes i know i can only use one motor. but 1700 watts is perfect for the domestic customer. doing bigger jobs then lets me use the full power if needed      ;D

Your Choice w/c

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 09:57:35 pm »
Do you guys with gutter vacs have cameras attached when your cleaning gutters out?
I'm looking to purchase a good gutter vac in the new year,apart from the one's mentioned can anyone recommend a good system that comes with camera system.Thanks

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 12:26:15 am »
No, when you've done a few you can "feel" if your leaving stuff behind.

I keep the camera on a separate pole and check afterwards if the customer wants proof (usually landlords and commercial stuff)
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

zesty

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2023, 06:43:50 am »
I use the gutter sucker pro, 3000 watts.

Initially thought it was pants, but since learned thg filter is far too dense, so I never use the filter now and it’s very powerful.

I feel 3000 watts and 3 motors gives good versatility. I usually use two motors and bring the 3 rd motor in to play when needed.

Never used a camera, it’s very obvious when the jobs clear.

50mm clamped poles have been good, and I got the gutter sucker ‘no block’ goose  neck, that’s been great.

Your Choice w/c

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 09:20:10 pm »
I've been looking at the SkyVac 85 commercial vac
There's a video on YouTube and it looks amazing (but pricey.)Would you say this vac is abit too much for 'mainly' domestic properties?
I don't want to buy one and have to change it after 6 months or so.Id rather spend abit more for a vac that will last.I appreciate all comments.Cheers

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2023, 09:36:14 pm »
IMO you can’t get to big or to powerful …

You want something that will suck like a (censored) it’s about time and making money - under powered and you will be taking too long - a lot of domestics have really compacted gutters

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2023, 11:19:16 pm »
If you have a powerful vac you don’t have to run it flat out on smaller jobs , but if you have a smaller one and need more power  on higher stuff or big weeds etc  it will be much slower harder work , depending how much you do it pays to have both a big and small vac for  different types of work .

GAZZA B

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2023, 06:21:32 am »
I have just done two jobs this week with the shadow, and it was fantastic. As said above I only needed to use the one motor at 1700w it was perfectly ok and did the job no problem. Going forward if I have a big job with heavy weeds  I can turn on both motors 3400w happy days  ;D

I must admit I have done lots of gutter clearing, and I like to always have a look when finished. so I have the Go pro 
   https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product/wireless-gutter-inspection-camera-kit-for-our-carbon-fibre-rigid-neck/
For under £200 pounds didn't think is was too bad ?

Your Choice w/c

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2023, 09:39:46 am »
Thanks for all your replies guys it's appreciated.