Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Re: Would you get rid?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2023, 03:51:12 pm »
I'd love to just drop her as I've never liked her but I'm not overflowing with work
Ive been going there for years

Its amazing that you've not filled out your diary after 'years' ?

I dumped 40 customers this year that were PITA jobs. Lost ten more recently.

Don't need much more next year, just a top up.

Also I've never had a great influx of customers each year that everyone else seems to get.  I tried to push recommendations but never saw any improvement. I dont advertise tho, just canvass.

I do wonder whether the posts by people saying they are so busy they are turning work away every week are really true.

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2023, 04:07:19 pm »
I'd love to just drop her as I've never liked her but I'm not overflowing with work

Also I've never had a great influx of customers each year that everyone else seems to get.  I tried to push recommendations but never saw any improvement. I dont advertise tho, just canvass.

I do wonder whether the posts by people saying they are so busy they are turning work away every week are really true.

Of course it 'could be' true. I used to do 4 & 8 weekly. I'm lucky if I get my 4 weekly jobs done in 5/6 weeks. I don't tend to turn work down though, I just spread it out over a longer period and let new customers I'll be with them every 5/6 weeks.
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2023, 04:47:04 pm »

I think this depends on area and the amount of competition during the Covid lock down periods when you could only have one person per van we turned away over 400 enquiries for window cleaning , softwashing , pressure washing , gutter vaccing etc as we were already so far behind we just couldn’t cope with the extra work , but ime lucky  ware I am there is very little credible and reliable competition , we are still turning work away probably around a handful of jobs per week at this time but in the spring guessing it will get busier ,again I have noticed that we aren’t getting anyware near the normal amounts of enquiries that we would normally get but that isn’t a bad thing . I have friends in other parts of the country that are loosing work hand over fist and have been since Covid and struggling to get new work . I think the best way to get new work is from referrals, walk ups ( have  your van sign written brings in loads of work ) people see you working ,and a decent website this is all we have done for years , when I started I canvassed hard and that was how I got my main customer base once you are well  established the work  will come to you rather than you having to go looking for it or that’s what I have found .

Bungle

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2023, 06:58:06 pm »

I think this depends on area and the amount of competition during the Covid lock down periods when you could only have one person per van we turned away over 400 enquiries for window cleaning , softwashing , pressure washing , gutter vaccing etc as we were already so far behind we just couldn’t cope with the extra work , but ime lucky  ware I am there is very little credible and reliable competition , we are still turning work away probably around a handful of jobs per week at this time but in the spring guessing it will get busier ,again I have noticed that we aren’t getting anyware near the normal amounts of enquiries that we would normally get but that isn’t a bad thing . I have friends in other parts of the country that are loosing work hand over fist and have been since Covid and struggling to get new work . I think the best way to get new work is from referrals, walk ups ( have  your van sign written brings in loads of work ) people see you working ,and a decent website this is all we have done for years , when I started I canvassed hard and that was how I got my main customer base once you are well  established the work  will come to you rather than you having to go looking for it or that’s what I have found .

400 enquiries during Covid and you turned them all down? What's the population of Cornwall? I don't think I've had 400 enquiries in all the years I've been going. What's your company name? You must be the best in the county!

p1w1

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2023, 07:18:49 pm »

400 enquiries during Covid and you turned them all down? What's the population of Cornwall? I don't think I've had 400 enquiries in all the years I've been going. What's your company name? You must be the best in the county!
That was just in the first week.

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2023, 08:18:51 pm »

That’s over the the whole of the Covid period most enquiries came when ones were furloughed as they were sat at home looking at everything being dirty and wanted it cleaned also money wasn’t an issue for most as they were better off at home .
Population is around 600,000 I think but it’s not the number you need it’s the number of properties that’s important, just in the small area I live in there are over 4,000 new homes been built in the last 5 years so there is great demand for window cleaners and not enough to do all the work . Maybe you should consider a move I could supply you with as much work as you want 😂😂😂😂

DJW

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2023, 08:59:58 pm »
I take so much salt on this forum I’m becoming ill.

Bungle

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2023, 09:18:37 pm »

That’s over the the whole of the Covid period most enquiries came when ones were furloughed as they were sat at home looking at everything being dirty and wanted it cleaned also money wasn’t an issue for most as they were better off at home .
Population is around 600,000 I think but it’s not the number you need it’s the number of properties that’s important, just in the small area I live in there are over 4,000 new homes been built in the last 5 years so there is great demand for window cleaners and not enough to do all the work . Maybe you should consider a move I could supply you with as much work as you want 😂😂😂😂

Sounds like Cornwall is the richest county in the UK.

Just one more question, how's the Xmas tips going?

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2023, 09:22:45 pm »

Are you on the other forum as PJJ ?

Think I've just sold a tank to someone you know lives in pontefract?

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong 🌳

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2023, 09:36:11 pm »

Don’t know anyone in pontefract  must have the wrong connection

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2023, 09:46:00 pm »

Ah right. Think he said brother in law of chap called PJJ lives in cornwall has a few staff...

Thought you might have been the same guy. Must be more than one window cleaner in  Cornwall  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2023, 10:17:20 pm »

Ah right. Think he said brother in law of chap called PJJ lives in cornwall has a few staff...

Thought you might have been the same guy. Must be more than one window cleaner in  Cornwall  ;D

There are a few window cleaners here but could do with a lot more  👍

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2023, 10:19:57 pm »

Sounds like Cornwall is the richest county in the UK.

Just one more question, how's the Xmas tips going?

Not as well as dazmondo 😂😂😂 most  pay by BACS , staff get the tips anyway