Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Skip this clean
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 09:46:39 pm »
Things are starting to bite had a couple of winter cancellations and a few none payers from long term customers.
Think I will be a tough year ahead.

Only thing ive really noticed is that tips are very down, and money coming in is a bit slower. Strange as looking at the amount of xmas lights on houses this year compared to last it sort of feels like were heading back to normal, certainly get the impression that the concern about the cost of living isnt any where near as prominent as last year. I should stop trying to predict things though, we've been through a lot over the years and the reality hasn't been any where near as bad as the worrying  that i did  before it. One of these days we might get caught out by an event that none of thought would effect us but does.

Last year £450 in tips,the year before £612,this year I'm on just over £300 at present.its defo getting less and less every year.
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2023, 10:02:53 pm »
Things are starting to bite had a couple of winter cancellations and a few none payers from long term customers.
Think I will be a tough year ahead.

Only thing ive really noticed is that tips are very down, and money coming in is a bit slower. Strange as looking at the amount of xmas lights on houses this year compared to last it sort of feels like were heading back to normal, certainly get the impression that the concern about the cost of living isnt any where near as prominent as last year. I should stop trying to predict things though, we've been through a lot over the years and the reality hasn't been any where near as bad as the worrying  that i did  before it. One of these days we might get caught out by an event that none of thought would effect us but does.

Last year £450 in tips,the year before £612,this year I'm on just over £300 at present.its defo getting less and less every year.

Don’t forget to declare that on your tax return 😂😂😂😂

DJW

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2023, 10:28:12 pm »
Picked up a new job today(she seen my van parked up and rang me)

Nice modern detached property.i was going to say £40 but £50 came out of my mouth.she accepted no problem.cleaning them 1 st week in January.easy windows to clean too.30 min job.

You just never lose in this game....

Council house?

Billy clarke

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2023, 04:38:34 am »
I never get bothered if it's a one off skip as holidays and building work happens.   But when i spot a regular skipper, they are told we only allow a maximum of 2 skips per rolling 12 months.   

I also sometimes tell them they are being moved to less frequent clean rota, with a new increased price to match their average gap.
. So you actually tell customers they are allowed to skip 2 cleans per year . If I have read that right I am stunned .

tlwcs

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2023, 02:30:09 pm »
I sent a what i would deem a fairly polite text  (couple of months ago) back to one of my new customers who had asked to skip basically saying thats fine this time but please bear in mind for future cleans i will need to be cleaning every time as i have a limit on the amount of customers i can take on and as such cant afford to turn new enquiries away when i have existing customers skipping as it leave me out of pocket, (yeah i know, it doesnt literally but needed to get the point accross )and it obviously pressed her button, her reply was.... ""never in my life have i been made to feel bad for not having the money. We will find another window cleaner thanks"  Ive sent very similar texts out for nearly 20 years  in the same same situation and never provoked a response like that. . I so wanted to say well if your that hard up why are paying someone to clean your windows, no one ever died from dirty windows.. i reflected and remembered we live in an age of social media so opted for a polite, "sorry, it wasnt my intention to cause any offence".. .. some people need to get their priorities sorted.

I would never do this.i just dump.no need for an explanation text....they'll be struggling financially.

New year is a good time to have a clear out.i have 3 jobs I'm going to dump in Jan due to persistent late payment.im sick of chasing them up for payment.

Daz don’t dump them.
Text them the evening before with something like this. 
‘Please pay for your window cleaning this evening to ensure tomorrow’s clean”

They will pay or dump you first but at least they know they’re crap payers. 😀

dd

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2023, 04:15:59 pm »
Picked up a new job today(she seen my van parked up and rang me)

Nice modern detached property.i was going to say £40 but £50 came out of my mouth.she accepted no problem.cleaning them 1 st week in January.easy windows to clean too.30 min job.

You just never lose in this game....
I would find somewhere better to store my cash if I were you.

the king

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 09:57:15 pm »
ive had 1 skip so far but tips are way down on last year