Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EandM

Aloominum
« on: November 30, 2023, 07:54:28 am »
Having just survived two rather large gutter cleaning jobs and wondering if I'll survive another, I've been looking at the gutter cleaning poles available.

As a usual fan of Carbon Fibre, I see that they are also available in aluminum at only 500g a pole.

Has anyone experience with both, have any preferences and are there any downsides to the metal alternatives?

Smudger

Re: Aloominum
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 09:14:46 am »
Short answer - don’t do it!
500g doesn’t sound much but believe me when you have 5 of them plus clamps and sticky gunk clinging to the inside after lifting up and down a few times you’ll be ready to throw them away

You can’t beat 2 inch carbon tubes
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 09:51:32 am »
When I started I had the omnivac alloy poles they did work ok but heavy and in cold seam to act like a freezer . Carbon fibre poles are more delicate but so much easier and lighter to use , obviously they are a fair bit more money but the first ones I had I got from carbon fibre tubes they are tapered fit and you do need to keep the ends clean and use a ptfe lube on them or they can stick but they are very good poles ridged far more so than the Skyvac elite poles we have now .

EandM

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 06:29:52 pm »
Thank you both, that's a great help.

Carbon Fibre it is then.

Cheers.

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 07:49:23 pm »
Short answer - don’t do it!
500g doesn’t sound much but believe me when you have 5 of them plus clamps and sticky gunk clinging to the inside after lifting up and down a few times you’ll be ready to throw them away

You can’t beat 2 inch carbon tubes

I used to use 7 of the b4stards sometimes. Bloody hard work it was.
We look at them, they look through them.

simon w

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 07:52:29 pm »
Yep, would never go back to aluminum

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 12:06:44 pm »
Aluminium you Yankee illiterates.

;D
It's a game of three halves!

EandM

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 04:45:14 pm »
Aluminium you Yankee illiterates.

;D

If it was good enough for Scotty in Star Trek IV...
:)

Most transparent