Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Van Security - Deadlocks or Alarm?
« on: December 02, 2023, 01:52:06 pm »
As per thread title: Van Security - Deadlocks or Alarm?

I have the van sign written already but I'm paranoid after having a van nicked a couple of years ago.

Cheers

Drake

Re: Van Security - Deadlocks or Alarm?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 03:27:11 pm »
Both

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 03:53:46 pm »
whatever comes as standard on the van - but then my vans are inside a unit at night so very unlikely to be got at
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 05:20:59 pm »
Best thing you can do is have as many means of security as possible, none of them will stop a theft but having multiple layers will likely deter them.

Van alarms usually come as standard but a thief who is good wont care, no one takes any notice of alarms going off.

Deadlocks will just mean they ruin your doors to get in.

Best solution for theft is probably a pedal box and a good steering wheel disc lock, throw on a wheel lock as well if you like, more security measures the better. Thieves are lazy if they see all that lot on they will just go for an easier target.

My van is behind locked gates, it has a steering wheel lock and i have a floor security bollard on the drive. Doesnt mean it isnt stealable but why bother when theres thousands of less secure vans to target.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 09:17:56 am »
Well worth protecting stoots as it must be in near mint condition 🙃😜
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience