Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

new work
« on: October 12, 2023, 01:26:34 pm »
I started work again on Monday just gone (after my 2 week cruise) and so far this week I have picked 5 new jobs from walk ups, prior to going away I was picking up at least 2/3 new jobs each week I've never known like this before.

Is anyone else finding the same thing at the moment?

simon w

Re: new work
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 02:09:27 pm »
Jay , you've been on CIU for years, how come your not booked to full capacity? I'm guessing you work alone, don't employ? Not a dig by the way, just curious after being in business for so long, how you still have space to take on new work.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 04:59:17 pm »
Jay , you've been on CIU for years, how come your not booked to full capacity? I'm guessing you work alone, don't employ? Not a dig by the way, just curious after being in business for so long, how you still have space to take on new work.
the simple answer to that Simon is 5 years ago when I reached pension age and got my state pension (for what it's worth)  I sold half of the business and these days I only work part time 9-30  - 1pm so I have plenty of spare time to take on more work.

My wife comes with me on Mon & Tues and the rest of the week on my own.

I used to employ but not anymore.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 05:47:15 pm »
the simple answer to that Simon is 5 years ago when I reached pension age and got my state pension (for what it's worth)  I sold half of the business and these days I only work part time 9-30  - 1pm so I have plenty of spare time to take on more work.

You're an inspiration Jay! Is your wife similar age to you?

Did you sell 'areas' of work or what?
It's a game of three halves!

simon w

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 06:20:33 pm »

Thanks Jay, I was just curious, becarful you don't end up full time again 😉

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2023, 06:48:09 pm »

I've never worked full time since my trad days over 13 years ago now!😄

I work much less hours since I switched to WFP in 2010 and even less now.

On topic I usually have a trickle of new customers/job enquiries every month but I also get rid of jobs too(natural shedding or cutting out deadwood)
price higher/work harder!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 07:55:02 am »

my wife is 4 years younger than me and yes I sold off areas

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2023, 08:00:59 am »

my wife is 4 years younger than me and yes I sold off areas

Great! I can use your example to 'encourage' Mrs. Gold to assist me in my toils.  ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2023, 12:26:08 pm »
I started work again on Monday just gone (after my 2 week cruise) and so far this week I have picked 5 new jobs from walk ups, prior to going away I was picking up at least 2/3 new jobs each week I've never known like this before.

Is anyone else finding the same thing at the moment?

Im guessing the weather has had a bearing on things, its been incredibly mild for October, but yes, ive been getting more enquiries than i would expect for this time of year. Clocks changing is usually a big gamechanger, its like all of a sudden everyones in winter mode . Its also my line in the sand where i wont take anyone else on till at least new year,
As others have said, your an inspiration to all of us Jay.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2023, 12:35:03 pm »
The low sun of September and October highlights mucky windows when the ladies start getting tea ready for the kids between 4pm/6pm.

simon w

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2023, 01:24:35 pm »
Didn't have my glasses on, thought it said New York, thought Daz was off on holiday again  ;D

JandS

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2023, 02:04:14 pm »
State pension for me in December....didn't think just over £800 per month was bad to be honest.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

DJW

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2023, 08:29:11 pm »
Spend it on Bingo.
Happy Dayz 😎

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2023, 03:19:25 pm »
Bet ive not had many more than 5 walk ups all year, just dont get them round here, never have really. Sometimes i`ll get a couple in a week and then i can go weeks or months without another.

Missing Link

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2023, 08:34:09 pm »
I get my pension in 6 years time.

Age 60.

Big lump sum tax free (around £27k I reckon) and about £500 a month which is better than a kick up the arse.

Keep paying your taxes; my pension needs it.

(Military pension; I didn't do the full 22 years to get an immediate pension, but it's still based on rank and service (Staff Sergeant - 17 years), so have to wait till I'm 60).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2023, 10:42:23 pm »
For service to the country you deserve every penny
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk