Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Electric vans/vehicles
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2023, 12:03:31 am »
So not five and a half grand then? 🤔

It’s hardly a Tesla is it
No but you said premiums were rising due to the high repair cost. If it's an electric vehicle it is an electric vehicle.
It was Soupy who mentioned premiums, not DJW😉
Bit confusing but I meant to reference the Splash part of the quote.
I think I confused myself, it was Splash and not Soupy who mentioned premiums🥴

KS Cleaning

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2023, 12:06:31 am »
Not van related, but I had a Mercedes EQC courtesy car whilst my car was being serviced on Friday. I have to say from someone who is very sceptical about EV’s I was really impressed. Of course there are pros and cons involved but I would now definitely consider going electric in the near future.

Borrowing one whilst your cars having a service is one thing daily living with one is quite another, I have several friend that have electric cars , Mercedes , Honda , Tesla , Audi , and BMW all have said they wished they had never bought them insurance with Tesla has gone from £800 a year to 5:5k and some in’surance companies will no longer insure them all electric vehicle premiums are soaring due to very height repair costs , do your homework very  carefully before buying one would be my advice.
Yes that’s why I said there are pros and cons……seems like the cons outweigh the pros at the  moment though .

harleyman

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2023, 08:11:57 am »
Water and electric  ??? Not for me

Soupy

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2023, 11:25:39 am »
Water and electric  ??? Not for me

Not had a problem with that. Been running EVs for around 18 months.

Roads tend to get wet too.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Bungle

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2023, 01:57:28 pm »
How are electric vehicles getting on driving through the floods today? No being able to slip the clutch to keep the revs up. Water getting into the battery compartments?
We look at them, they look through them.

Soupy

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2023, 01:59:58 pm »
How are electric vehicles getting on driving through the floods today? No being able to slip the clutch to keep the revs up. Water getting into the battery compartments?

All the roads are closed round here so parked up and going nowhere.

Water can't get into the battery compartment though.

Smudger

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2023, 06:09:00 pm »
an advantage I would have thought all that extra weight will stop them floating away  ;D
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Soupy

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2023, 06:16:04 pm »

One thing I do know - they are terrible in the snow. The accelerator pedal is basically an on / off switch which isn't helpful if you're struggling for traction.