Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Do you give yourself holidays ?
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2023, 08:17:17 pm »
You should try using the locals accommodation and travel when you’re abroad.

I’ve backpacked round Egypt 3 times, travelled in the locals train carriages which really was an experience. Consider this, the 3rd class tourist carriages had 3” of 5hit on the bathroom floor (flips flops was the mode of footwear employed at the time) and in with the locals class we sat on straw with goats. Travelling from Cairo to Aswan was a 24 hour trip, so using the bogs was pretty much guaranteed. Imagine having food poisoning and needing to honk up in a toilet like that.

The youth hostels were 20p a night in Cairo, you inspected the room and beds before agreeing to stay. Having a crap in Egypt was ‘interesting’ to say the least in locals toilets. They don’t use toilet paper, but there’s this ‘U’- shaped pipe sticking up, out of the toilet which squirts your ass with water after. Needless to say this pipe becomes encrusted with poop from the last half dozen punters. Often it is also decorated with toilet paper from any previous westerners who haven’t quite managed to convert to pipe squirting but still retain the traditional method of cleaning up after a crap.

Once we got a coach from Aswan to Hurghada, it was an 8 hour trip at the time. When we got to Hurghada at about 8 at night we needed to find a hotel of sorts to stay in. I picked up my rucksack which had been stored in the compartment that is accessed from outside the coach  where everything is stored under the seats. At some point during the journey the pipe from the coaches toilet had leaked its contents all over my rucksack, clothes and sleeping bag and I had nowhere to sleep or clean clothes to change in to. Delightful.

I went and had a beer.

Travel broadens the horizons.

I'm never going Egypt again after the last time....even the locals wouldn't take us to the valley of the Kings...too dangerous at the time we was there(2018)

Plus I got some food from the airport on the way back and I ended up with severe food poisoning...

Horrible,dusty,dirty,filthy country....
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2023, 09:02:34 pm »
It’s a fantastic country, full of history (we think we have a historical heritage, Egypt beats us pants down), guaranteed sunshine, they know how to manage hotels better than anywhere else I’ve stayed, fantastic scuba diving.

A mere 5 hours flight from the UK, albeit somewhat further from where I am now. Back in the 80s it was a backpackers heaven. Best time of my life without a shadow of a doubt was spent exploring that place. You’ve lived a sheltered life Daz, travelling with tour reps and operators is no way to see the world. You’re simply ripped off, they view you as pay pigs. Do it the way the locals do, eat what the locals eat, drink what the locals drink; that’s travelling.

I thought you went to Sharm once and loved it?

DJW

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2023, 09:29:54 pm »
Dodgy beans?

dazmond

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2023, 10:07:14 pm »
It’s a fantastic country, full of history (we think we have a historical heritage, Egypt beats us pants down), guaranteed sunshine, they know how to manage hotels better than anywhere else I’ve stayed, fantastic scuba diving.

A mere 5 hours flight from the UK, albeit somewhat further from where I am now. Back in the 80s it was a backpackers heaven. Best time of my life without a shadow of a doubt was spent exploring that place. You’ve lived a sheltered life Daz, travelling with tour reps and operators is no way to see the world. You’re simply ripped off, they view you as pay pigs. Do it the way the locals do, eat what the locals eat, drink what the locals drink; that’s travelling.

Sharm was fantastic with a busty blonde who paid for the holiday back in 2005...hotel breathtaking!

No chance I'd slum it in Egypt mate!not for me!

Slacky

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2023, 10:52:32 pm »
You’d love the pyramids at Giza. They stink of pi55 inside.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2023, 01:09:42 am »

Sharm was fantastic with a busty blonde who paid for the holiday back in 2005...hotel breathtaking!

I can guarantee if you went to Sharm with a busty blonde it wouldn’t have been a very enjoyable experience due to the staff/locals leaching over her……….unless you like that kind of thing of course?

zesty

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2023, 06:45:06 am »

I can guarantee if you went to Sharm with a busty blonde it wouldn’t have been a very enjoyable experience due to the staff/locals leaching over her……….unless you like that kind of thing of course?

Had that in turkey when the now wife and I were 19, the blokes were awful, and you hardly saw a Turkish woman about. Horrible experience.

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2023, 09:35:20 am »

I had to go and stand outside the toilet as men were following her every time she went outside the hotel...it was a nightmare...it didn't help that she was dripping in diamonds and expensive handbags and clothes!

zesty

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2023, 09:40:25 am »
Bunch of pervs, lock their own woman up and hide them under burkas, then stare and follow western girls about.

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2023, 02:38:08 pm »
Bunch of pervs, lock their own woman up and hide them under burkas, then stare and follow western girls about.

It's a total culture clash in any of the Muslim countries(Turkey,Tunisia,Egypt especially).....

The food hygiene is terrible outside the fantastic hotels I've stayed at in Egypt so that's another reason why I wouldn't go back now....

It's true,the sea,weather and hotels are fantastic in Egypt but it was just too dangerous to even venture outside of the hotel which is not good at all....soldiers with machine guns everywhere doesn't really fill my missus with confidence..... ::)roll

Slacky

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2023, 06:39:45 pm »
I’m still here after eating their street food regularly, drinking their water,  sleeping in the filthiest of dives, had the worst case of coach and train travel you could ask for.

The reason you went with some dippy wench who liked to flash her goods was because it made you feel good. The fact it attracted others just ped you off, you did know they treat western women who can’t keep their goods under control like hookers don’t you? I’d look a little closer to home about who’s to blame here.

The place is fine so long as you live according to their customs. Bit like living here if you’re not a born westerner. Refugees have a lot to learn, if they don’t, they come unstuck, which is also their fault.

Splash & dash

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2023, 10:17:33 pm »

It's a total culture clash in any of the Muslim countries(Turkey,Tunisia,Egypt especially).....

The food hygiene is terrible outside the fantastic hotels I've stayed at in Egypt so that's another reason why I wouldn't go back now....

It's true,the sea,weather and hotels are fantastic in Egypt but it was just too dangerous to even venture outside of the hotel which is not good at all....soldiers with machine guns everywhere doesn't really fill my missus with confidence..... ::)roll

Lol I have been to all the Egyptian coast  ports many times since the early 80s diving , and the army are there with machine guns but so are our police at our airports and many places in London etc , have you ever witnessed any violence yourself out there ?  In all the trips we have done out there must be a couple of hundred trips at least we had a car bomb at the gazelle gardens hotel hours after booking out and that’s it . I agree about the guys being perverts with English women though

Slacky

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2023, 04:10:20 am »
I remember when they drove a car bomb into the un-loading bay at the Hilton at Taba, on the Israel border. We could see from our hotel where half the Hilton had been taken out, leaving all the room decor hanging by a thread from the walls of each of the rooms above where the bomb went off from the ground floor up about 8 flights.

It was quite surreal to witness, a murder site, but also insomuch that we just kept on holidaying like it had never happened. Then there was the 60  tourists killed at Queen Hatshepsuts temple in Luxor, in 97. That was worrying and made me pull up on my eagerness to get back there, but it’s such a great country I didn’t stop for long.

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2023, 01:15:07 pm »
I’m still here after eating their street food regularly, drinking their water,  sleeping in the filthiest of dives, had the worst case of coach and train travel you could ask for.

The reason you went with some dippy wench who liked to flash her goods was because it made you feel good. The fact it attracted others just ped you off, you did know they treat western women who can’t keep their goods under control like hookers don’t you? I’d look a little closer to home about who’s to blame here.

The place is fine so long as you live according to their customs. Bit like living here if you’re not a born westerner. Refugees have a lot to learn, if they don’t, they come unstuck, which is also their fault.

I'm not into roughing it mate.certainly not in a filthy country like Egypt...the reason I wouldn't go back is because we couldn't visit the tourist attractions. No one would take us...

The reason I went is this gorgeous women paid for me to go with her.fantastic holiday and wonderful memories...

simon w

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2023, 07:46:04 pm »

I'm not into roughing it mate.certainly not in a filthy country like Egypt...the reason I wouldn't go back is because we couldn't visit the tourist attractions. No one would take us...

The reason I went is this gorgeous women paid for me to go with her.fantastic holiday and wonderful memories...

were you a gigolo back then Daz?