Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Uni valve has
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2021, 08:34:14 pm »
Yep, your not getting my q's - a second to press the button but (unless something has drastically changed since I used a remote) it takes 4  or five seconds to completely stop then a few seconds for it to return to full flow that's because without a physical stop the hose starts to drain as the water is under pressure - tubeless or no, when reeling it water used to squirt out the brush with the movement of the reel

If you have ever left a reel over night without a physical stop you end up with a puddle in the van/floor

Perhaps you could do a quick video showing the brush in full flow  and  what happens when you click to stop and visa versa

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Den68

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2021, 08:45:57 pm »
I’m sitting here is a pair of shorts lol so no video for now lol

I have just checked and can say without a shadow of a doubt it take exactly 2 seconds from turning on to flow out of my fours jets, so you are right in saying things have drastically ally changed its now doublethe speed from your experience not sure what remote you was using also I’m still right in saying I had never timed only guessed approx lol.

Lee GLS

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 09:36:41 pm »
Hello Lee;
I see your not a million miles from me 😄  little hard to explain but will try my best.

For instance when you have cleaned a ground floor window you have to raise your pole slight to be able to tug on the hose this takes approximately 1 second to complete this movement. When using the fob it’s much quicker to tap the pause button which takes approx 1 second to stop flow  so overall approximately the same.
I have an old shoulder injury that as now turned into tendinosis not to be mistaken for Tendonitis so pulling the univalve is aggravating my shoulder.
Also the univalve as been blamed for damaging the new jet capsules on Gardiner brushes it not setup correctly this won’t happen with the wfp link.
Got to remember this isn’t a one shot remote but a new design  that is excellent and instant once the fob as been pressed.
There is other functions I thought I wouldn’t use  like having to turn the flow up 100m away the other side of a big lodge I was cleaning as third storey window was absolutely caked in gull mess.
On my van I have five pole two my son uses and three that I use I can now elimate three univalves from pole set ups  saving a few ££££
I’m not affiliated with spring  Ltd just sharing my thoughts I also think the univalve is great and used them from launch just now prefer the wfp link, the same as I now prefer extreme poles over Slx  pole, electric reels or manual reels, tubless of non tubless etc, I’m always trying to make life easier and more efficient.
These are my experience and what I prefer  doesn’t mean someone else will prefer the wfp link?
Unless you tried it I wouldn’t assume it’s NOt going to be better  than a univalve remember it took me approx a week to train my brain to stop tugging the hose 😂😂😂

Just to add when cleaning 4 storey and abov e a tap on the fob is a breeze to operating a  univalve much easier and safer.

Where are you based  Den.

I found this video of the wfp  link, does if you go to the end of the video you will see the response time, does this seem about right?

Den68

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2021, 09:49:34 pm »
Hello Lee;
I see your not a million miles from me 😄  little hard to explain but will try my best.

For instance when you have cleaned a ground floor window you have to raise your pole slight to be able to tug on the hose this takes approximately 1 second to complete this movement. When using the fob it’s much quicker to tap the pause button which takes approx 1 second to stop flow  so overall approximately the same.
I have an old shoulder injury that as now turned into tendinosis not to be mistaken for Tendonitis so pulling the univalve is aggravating my shoulder.
Also the univalve as been blamed for damaging the new jet capsules on Gardiner brushes it not setup correctly this won’t happen with the wfp link.
Got to remember this isn’t a one shot remote but a new design  that is excellent and instant once the fob as been pressed.
There is other functions I thought I wouldn’t use  like having to turn the flow up 100m away the other side of a big lodge I was cleaning as third storey window was absolutely caked in gull mess.
On my van I have five pole two my son uses and three that I use I can now elimate three univalves from pole set ups  saving a few ££££
I’m not affiliated with spring  Ltd just sharing my thoughts I also think the univalve is great and used them from launch just now prefer the wfp link, the same as I now prefer extreme poles over Slx  pole, electric reels or manual reels, tubless of non tubless etc, I’m always trying to make life easier and more efficient.
These are my experience and what I prefer  doesn’t mean someone else will prefer the wfp link?
Unless you tried it I wouldn’t assume it’s NOt going to be better  than a univalve remember it took me approx a week to train my brain to stop tugging the hose 😂😂😂

Just to add when cleaning 4 storey and abov e a tap on the fob is a breeze to operating a  univalve much easier and safer.

I found this video of the wfp  link, does if you go to the end of the video you will see the response time, does this seem about right?
I’m closed to South woodham ferrers if you ever want to try it out and see for yourself 👍

I can’t see any link to the video?

Lee GLS

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 07:36:40 am »
Hello Lee;

I’m closed to South woodham ferrers if you ever want to try it out and see for yourself 👍

I forgot to paste the link

https://youtu.be/iHl1XDxDMvs

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 10:17:44 am »
Yep, your not getting my q's - a second to press the button but (unless something has drastically changed since I used a remote) it takes 4  or five seconds to completely stop then a few seconds for it to return to full flow that's because without a physical stop the hose starts to drain as the water is under pressure - tubeless or no, when reeling it water used to squirt out the brush with the movement of the reel

If you have ever left a reel over night without a physical stop you end up with a puddle in the van/floor

Perhaps you could do a quick video showing the brush in full flow  and  what happens when you click to stop and visa versa

Darran

I think I would still leave the univalve in situ then still have to option to apply a water stop.
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 10:56:03 am »
There’s a delay just like Smudger says. Wouldn’t work for me. It’s too slow as no physical water stop. I’ll stick with the univalve, even though they’re not as robust as they were.

jk999

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2021, 11:09:10 am »
The amount off spring controlers I have gone through over the years I unreal, a univalve lasts me roughly 9 months to  a year at the cost of £35,so over 5 years I will go through 6 univalves at cost off £210 roughly the same price as wfp link I can guarantee I won't get 5 years out off the link

Simon Trapani

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2021, 12:25:08 pm »
We use v11 controllers in conjunction with the univalves. Very very rare to have a controller problem.

Den68

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2021, 02:00:09 pm »

Darran

I think I would still leave the univalve in situ then still have to option to apply a water stop.

Perfect combo 👍

Den68

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2021, 02:20:57 pm »
Hello Lee;

I forgot to paste the link

https://youtu.be/iHl1XDxDMvs

Lee,  there is two ways of stop /start  the waterflow

1. Pause mode it takes 2 seconds to restart the flow from pause and 1 second to stop. (This is the mode I use).
2. On/off mode it takes approx 3 seconds to start flow and 2 seconds to stop. (I only use this when I pull up at customer turn on when I start my first window then I use pause mode if turning off between windows or talking to clients/answering the phone then as soon as the last window is cleaned I press the off) . Really hope I’m making sense.
The Squeaky clean video I’m not sure if he his using pause on/off or just using the power on/off as you can configure the remote fog to suit your needs.
This Saturday it both my sons birthday 33 and 36 so I’m celebrating with them but from Sunday onwards your more than welcome to come and have a look you can then clearly see for yourself how efficient it works.
I use JG diy fitting for my tubless kit see photo on how to stop waterflow if not using a univalve, I do have univalves fitted on all my poles and will never have to buy one again as I have three new spare and now with the  v16 controller wfp link I hardly ever tug the univalve unlike before where you are tugging constantly thru out the day.

Den68

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2021, 02:26:34 pm »
Lee,
Won’t allow me to post photo of how I stop water Can send email to you .

Den68

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2021, 02:35:41 pm »
The amount off spring controlers I have gone through over the years I unreal, a univalve lasts me roughly 9 months to  a year at the cost of £35,so over 5 years I will go through 6 univalves at cost off £210 roughly the same price as wfp link I can guarantee I won't get 5 years out off the link

V16 was just an suggestion as an alternative personally I may been  using the univalve since they were released and think they are great but the newer versions have been failing us after approx six months or so of use  are completely opposite never had a spring controller fail as a matter of fact my old 5  old  controller still working perfect only changed it as wanted the wfp link.
Have you tried the Gardiner gooseneck valve that may be another alternative? I like the look of them but can’t use a superscraper and I like to use a swivel so I ruled them out myself.

jk999

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2021, 04:26:38 pm »
Whats the goose neck valves

jk999

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2021, 05:18:10 pm »
I have stripped the univalve down and noticed the spring isn't cracking ,has anyone changed the spring at all

JandS

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2021, 08:10:32 pm »
I have the Gardiner goose neck valve if anyone local wants it...used for approx 2 hours then taken off.....not good with swivel.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

tom20001

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2021, 09:10:51 pm »
My univalve is also now taking 5/6 pulls to work does anyone have a link to this automatic switch thing ive never heard of it before