Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul-kent

gutter inspection cameras from gutter vacuum systems
« on: April 27, 2021, 07:11:14 pm »
Does any one have the4k UHD Gutter Inspection Camera Kit from gutter systems is video quality the same as gopro ?

I want to get a camera for gutter inspections and creating  gutter clearing  videos for A new website that im going to create.

Thanks Paul

Ched

Re: gutter inspection cameras from gutter vacuum systems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 08:08:40 pm »
The simple answer is no it's not as good as a gopro.  GoPros are very very good at what they do and have a great dynamic range (fast bright to dark transitions).
The GVS 4k camera pack is great value for money especially if you consider a real gopro 9 is about £400!!!!
Bear in mind that editing 4k video needs a decent pc and takes quite a long time to upload to youtube. I assume you will host vids on youtube as trying to host video on your own site will cause difficulties unless you are paying loads for a server and bandwidth. Try recording in 1080 as it will look almost as good to 90% of people and be so much easier to edit. Plus it's not like gutter cleaning needs to be that great quality.

I would go with gvs system and if you find the camera quality isn't as good as you want then you still have all the accessories from the gvs to go with a gopro!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 08:35:51 pm »
Do you really need 4K to show gutter clearing.?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mjm

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 09:31:44 pm »
i have found its not the camera thats the issue its the phone

Ched

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 10:19:52 pm »
Some of the apps are very poor and some have very bad latency. Latency is the time it takes for the camera to 'see' an image and your phone to display it. Some can be close to a second!!! That makes things a bit tricky as your view is always a second behind your vac!
Any GoPro will be great - second hand no problem if you get one with replaceable battery. SJCam are also good, but make sure it's a genuine one - app also good.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 10:56:29 pm »
I used an SJ cam  :D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Paul-kent

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 08:22:05 am »
Thanks for the input I will get the GoPro, I won’t use the 4K but I was just going to change it in the settings

Thanks Paul

dennis chalk

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 09:51:24 am »
Try a Ferret (not the furry kind )  :D

brianbarber

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 03:45:08 pm »
We had the gutter camera system from sky access when we bought the whole kit
We sent back after poor quality pictures, they couldn’t give a reason  and after two cameras  e sent back.
Great company though, just immediate refund
Now it’s a go pro and iPhone clamped to pole
Quality is superb
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!