Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H MAN

Hose reel on Di water fed system.
« on: April 23, 2021, 03:51:13 am »
See how we put hose reel on our DI system.
No having to carry a separate hose reel. For you water fed pole WFP.

H MAN

Re: Hose reel on Di water fed system.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 11:34:42 am »

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 12:06:19 pm »
Is this a water free version?  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 11:03:20 pm »
Lol most of use use van mounts or a decent trolly system 😂😂😂😂 yet again another heath Robinson out of date  cobbled  together  set up .

H MAN

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 11:45:26 pm »
Lol most of use use van mounts or a decent trolly system 😂😂😂😂 yet again another heath Robinson out of date  cobbled  together  set up .
See that many people that have a trolley set up haven't got a place to put a reel that can hold a lot of hose/tubing.
As you can see that it can be removed and put on easily as well.
And because the handle of trolley has a slight angle on it allows you to pull it without the trolley falling forward.
 As seen in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayGx-dQRt0
Not everyone here can  just go out and get all that sort of equipment when starting out.
So this is just to use until they  can afford the more up to date things that they have now

(Everyone has started some where.)

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 01:12:18 pm »
HMan - Whats the TDS of your water ?

Many parts of the UK water is well into the high 200's and 300's so the di- resin is not going to keep water pure enough over a period of 2 to 3 days - just my opinion

Normally ( as far as I know ) people using a trolley have 20 litre barrels - so not tied into a water supply

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mjm

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 04:08:34 pm »
theres no pump on the system   most people use fan jets there wont be enough pressure  to clean  and the di will last a week

your using cheap parts  they will last 3 to 6 months then start leaking   it looks bad   and i feel your giving bad info out  here 

people are best off saving up till they can afford    the correct equipment   your getting bad reviews because people have spent  1000s on equipment  and used that sort of thing you have nocked up  and it has failed  i think you are only coming on here to upset people  on purpose  ???

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 05:35:34 pm »
That last statement was a little harsh - hman has all the right intentions the problem is he doesn't want to listen when others spot a problem

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 09:26:07 pm »
This thread was actually only about fitting a reel to a trolley.  The type of trolley I feel is inconsequential.

I personally don't use a reel on my trolley as I can take my trolley close to 99% of my work and seldom need to use more than 15m of hose, but there are plenty who do fit reels to trolleys who might find Herman's idea useful. 

He came up with a simple idea a while back, which made getting my brushes on and off a quik-loq adapter much easier.   For that tip I am grateful.

H MAN

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 10:21:56 pm »
This thread was actually only about fitting a reel to a trolley.  The type of trolley I feel is inconsequential.

I personally don't use a reel on my trolley as I can take my trolley close to 99% of my work and seldom need to use more than 15m of hose, but there are plenty who do fit reels to trolleys who might find Herman's idea useful. 

He came up with a simple idea a while back, which made getting my brushes on and off a quik-loq adapter much easier.   For that tip I am grateful.
Thank You for your reply,
Know most of the ideas put up doesn't always seem  to work the way they should.
But like the Quick-LoQ this took a number of tries years to develop  the way it works now.
Also had many people that  told  me it was a dumb idea that nothing would replace the Euro  or the Acme thread .
And most people never look or check them out at all which is fine.
But there are people that do why?
Generally because there looking for a solution for something that they have to there problem.
And yes it was just to fit a reel on your system.

Also the videos are there for the people that want to know new ideas and solutions to there problems.
Not like some people think that it's for making more clicks to get a few cents. ::)roll ;D

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 09:06:43 am »
I think the problem is that Hman finds it hard to understand how us Brits clean windows in the modern day !

I think we should all chip in to get him over for a few pointers , one CIU member could take him around for a week or so .....

Come on then , hands up  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

H MAN

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2021, 10:48:15 am »
I think the problem is that Hman finds it hard to understand how us Brits clean windows in the modern day !

I think we should all chip in to get him over for a few pointers , one CIU member could take him around for a week or so .....

Come on then , hands up  ;D ;D ;D

So you are in the modern day???
Well then can you tell me why no one has developed a compact pole lifting device that can be worn without looking  like a mobile crane set up.
As always hear everyone complaining there  pole set up too heavy yet all they do is complain.
And when some one comes up with idea even though it dose work, complain that as said they will not use as it looks ridicules.
So can YOU tell me ,have YOU got a better solution to this as you said  on the modern day thing.
Maybe it's you that  the problem understanding and need some direction/ pointers.
Instead of whining about people that are only trying to help other people in the industry.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 05:43:18 pm »
Instead of being defensive and reflecting from people's statements and questions answer them - I asked you some questions which you ignored  I've asked you stuff in the past - you ignore then whine about everyone else  not being receptive to your "inventions"

Unless your using something over 45 ft you don't need a contraption strapped to your body  and with extremes and the like even then it's probably not required

You stated EVERYBODY complains about pole weight - who is this everybody - please put up links

EVERYBODY poo-poo'd the contraption NOT SO - the the vast majority see no need for it

You simply don't want to debate anything.....   you don't want to take on board others observations

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 06:07:10 pm »
Instead of being defensive and reflecting from people's statements and questions answer them - I asked you some questions which you ignored  I've asked you stuff in the past - you ignore then whine about everyone else  not being receptive to your "inventions"

Unless your using something over 45 ft you don't need a contraption strapped to your body  and with extremes and the like even then it's probably not required

You stated EVERYBODY complains about pole weight - who is this everybody - please put up links

EVERYBODY poo-poo'd the contraption NOT SO - the the vast majority see no need for it

You simply don't want to debate anything.....   you don't want to take on board others observations

Darran

I quite agree we regularly do 6-8 storey work using Gardiners ultimate poles yes it’s a bit heavy but we dont complain we just get on with it , it’s not that bad and theses crazy inventions that you are supposed to wear to lessen the weight will cause lower back issues as they act as a pivot I tried one at the cleaning show in The Netherlands several years ago , you solve one problem and create another , plus it’s very awkward trying to work using it apart from feeling and looking a compleat Pratt , maybe we should club together and buy NWHone as a present 😂😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:15 pm »
Thankfully he  doesn't read hman threads so you'll get away with that comment ;D

Seriously, you do a significantly more high level stuff than me - I always found the hard part was getting your  pole up ( ooh er ) once against the building it never really felt heavy  - do you find that or no ?

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 09:21:46 pm »
Thankfully he  doesn't read hman threads so you'll get away with that comment ;D

Seriously, you do a significantly more high level stuff than me - I always found the hard part was getting your  pole up ( ooh er ) once against the building it never really felt heavy  - do you find that or no ?

We extend them up to 45 feet in the air then above that run it up the building , it’s the sideways flex in the pole that can cause issues especially if there is a bit of breeze , I would much rather use my extream 22 than a 75 foot pole 😂😂😂😂, they are ok weight wise but after a mornings work with it I have had enough .

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 11:01:51 pm »
perhaps hman could do a drone version with his wicky flicky thingy

now he really would be ahead of his time

Darran

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 06:59:49 am »
The question I always ask myself is if the DIY whatever I've cobbled together looks professional from a customer's point of view or not. They notice. The other day one customer remarked that he sees I have a new pole. Its just that a customer also needs to see that they are getting good value for money.

I'm not saying that Herman's trolley effort won't do the job any worse than if he used a PF trolley, its just that a PF trolley gives the impression of doing a better job as it looks to be better (and is better).

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
That is an excellent point