Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

Re: Sky Vac Atom
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 06:30:16 pm »
Hello Simon

I Don’t have an atom

Thinking of getting one as you
This YouTube video gave me a better
Opinion of It

Also spinaclean do a training day for atom as well as sell it

Unfortunately not at the moment

I’m sure someone on here has one
As I asked this question a while back

Hope you get some answers
Stay well
Fella 👍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmpNOHW50Hs

Thanks Lee I'd already watched all the vids I could find on the net. Just wondering if there were any happy users of this machine/set up on CIU who could point out both it's pro's and cons

BTW do you think that video is staged? already had the debris vac'd out a small organic bung placed in the down pipe fill the length of guttering up with water from a wfp turn camera on place gutter pole in down pipe and Voila.............. ;)

Im convinced that vid is staged , hardly anything else in the gutter .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Craig 72

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 06:57:44 pm »
I’m another one considering getting this gutter vac.The only thing that’s holding me back is that,from my experience,it’s not uncommon for there to be stretches of tiles that have dropped so much that you can barely get your fingers in the gutter.Is it literally just a case of getting the ladders out in this case?Or are there attachments that can deal with situations like this?Cheers.

tom20001

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 07:55:07 pm »
I’m another one considering getting this gutter vac.The only thing that’s holding me back is that,from my experience,it’s not uncommon for there to be stretches of tiles that have dropped so much that you can barely get your fingers in the gutter.Is it literally just a case of getting the ladders out in this case?Or are there attachments that can deal with situations like this?Cheers.

From my experience there are certain instances where no matter what vaccum you have a ladder will be needed. Sometimes tiles are down too far like you said and while there is an attachment for this sometimes it will not lift out sods as tile just prevents you from actually lifting it. We have just finished a stretch of 100 houses over last few weeks and at a lot of the valleys sods literally grow and catch around the leadwork in valley and grow around nail fittings on gutters and only way is to remove them via getting up there.

tom20001

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 07:56:54 pm »

From my experience there are certain instances where no matter what vaccum you have a ladder will be needed. Sometimes tiles are down too far like you said and while there is an attachment for this sometimes it will not lift out sods as tile just prevents you from actually lifting it. We have just finished a stretch of 100 houses over last few weeks and at a lot of the valleys sods literally grow and catch around the leadwork in valley and grow around nail fittings on gutters and only way is to remove them via getting up there.

I'm not sure of the price of the vaccum you have quoted but we use a nilfisk Alto maxi 2 and the suction from it is incredible and it's available around the £500 mark . Much less the sky vacs etc .

NWH

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 09:15:47 pm »
I’ve also found that the majority of the gutter vac jobs I’ve had I’ve nearly always had to get up clear some by hand,very rarely can you just vac the lot it’s a ball ache getting it all out only to find it’s easier to clear most by hand.

Steve H

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 09:46:09 pm »
I use the original gutter sucker which was one that spinaclean sold a few years ago, (great company to deal with) maybe under a different name i think.  Anyway its been a great machine, has 3 motors on it and moves most debris out of the gutters.
I use carbon fibre tapered poles, really light and strong, just got to keep them clean or they will potential grip tight, rinse them off regularly.
When i change this one i might get a smaller container as it does take up a lot of space in the van, it holds a lot so gets proper heavy when its wet stuff thats going in, you wont have that issue with the atom.
Not sure about those prices, maybe London prices and time taken to clear a semi detached (unless two people maybe) as it takes about 10 mins setting it up and putting it away.. still a good earner though if you can get a regular annual clean going from enough customers... start with existing customers and work out from there, referrals etc. worked for me  :)
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2020, 10:06:04 pm »
G force systems.
Best poles on the market.
Made in uk.
Great company to deal with.
Worth a look.

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2020, 07:43:50 pm »
I’ve also found that the majority of the gutter vac jobs I’ve had I’ve nearly always had to get up clear some by hand,very rarely can you just vac the lot it’s a ball ache getting it all out only to find it’s easier to clear most by hand.

If you are having to use ladders that often you are doing something wrong , a good survey before quoting will reveal any problems, we get the ladders off in maybe 1 in 20 jobs worst case scenario  and we do several hundred jobs a year