Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

East coast window cleaning Services

Controller and pressure switch
« on: June 20, 2020, 06:44:40 pm »
Bought a second hand ionics system few months ago and the control valve has gone wonky. What I did notice is that the pressure switch is wired in aswell. Now call me dumb but I was under the impression If you have a controller you don’t wire the pressure switch into the circuit aswell.
P&R Window Cleaning

Spruce

Re: Controller and pressure switch
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 08:00:03 pm »
Bought a second hand ionics system few months ago and the control valve has gone wonky. What I did notice is that the pressure switch is wired in aswell. Now call me dumb but I was under the impression If you have a controller you don’t wire the pressure switch into the circuit aswell.

I was under the impression that Ionics used a flow  PWM regulator that doesn't have a calibration option (dead ending) so uses the pumps pressure switch to control this function.

The only 2 controllers that have Dead End calibration were the Varistream and Spring Controllers.

The  Varistream manufacturers advised to take the pressure switch out of the equation. Spring controllers suggested it be left in place as another fail safe. Their controller is programmed to recognise the action of the pressure switch. However they also say that its not imperative that the pressure switch is included in the circuit.

If the controller is playing up then it could be the pressure switch in the pump. But with a flow controller only, you need a pressure switch.

Hopefully someone who has an Ionics system can clarify the pressure switch issue.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 08:51:56 pm »
Thanks  buddy for a detailed response you have clarified exactly what I was thinking personally I don’t want the pressure switch included I’ve purchased spring v11 analogue controller seems to running fine with our pressure switch but even after calibrating it pressure is just a tad off then it was before.
P&R Window Cleaning

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 04:54:21 pm »
Thanks  buddy for a detailed response you have clarified exactly what I was thinking personally I don’t want the pressure switch included I’ve purchased spring v11 analogue controller seems to running fine with our pressure switch but even after calibrating it pressure is just a tad off then it was before.

Spruce is right in that the V11 van run with the pressure switch bypassed if you prefer. The reason we suggest leaving it in circuit is that it provides a failsafe in the very rare event that the controller does not stop the pump. In that instance a pressure switch is a useful final protection to prevent burst connectors and hoses popping off. You may notice a subtle difference in the way the V11 drives the pump compared to before. My advice would be to set the controller to your preferred flow rate Eg 30, 40, 50 or....... then run auto cal. ( the controller can be calibrated at any flow rate. We only use 30 in the guide to give a common start point)
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology