Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Pole hose
« on: December 13, 2019, 07:45:53 pm »
What is the  Pole hose you use  I've tried that many with all sorts  of claims  I e not getting coild up after a week I accept they will be  some kinking  so what are ypu happy with

Stoots

Re: Pole hose
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:18:21 pm »
Never been happy with any.

They all kink eventually

Gardiner green is probably my favourite but it's nothing to shout about either.

alank

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »
I'm using Gardiner green at the moment tried loads wcw black was ok the only one I hate is the all season yellow yet my mate won't use anything else I think they all have problems just try to find the one that's best suited to the way you work. To be honest they all boil my pi$$ for different reasons  ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 09:24:32 pm »
Pretty much any length of hose, string or piece of wire, no matter how long or short will tangle, coil or kink up if you twist it enough. Some of them will react worse than others and will mess up quicker depending on their makeup

Every hose I have ever bought has it’s own characteristics and they will all behave differently again when hot.  Also, when new they are usually worse than when used for a while and broken in. The trick is to find one that you can get on with best.

The toughest in my experience are the PU hoses, but what makes them tough also makes them more prone to reacting when twisted. Ie: coiling or kinking up

Once broken in the key is to keep the twist out of them by monitoring your movements when working. Pretty much all of us will unwittingly put twists in the hose whilst working. The knack is in working out how, and then altering your movements to compensate or, if you are running a tubeless setup, disconnecting the hose every so often from your pole and untwisting it before reconnecting. This has worked well for me over the years.

I use Gardiners original green PU hose

capn sparkle

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:02:42 pm »
Some of the plastic coiling devils have a "manufacturing memory" pop it in a bowl of very hot water for a couple of minutes and pull straight with a mate.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 08:08:27 am »
i use gardiner orange PU pole hose.ive been using mine for at least 2 years now on my main pole with a univalve!great hose IMO and very hardwearing.........
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 10:20:26 am »
You’re hot though Daz

NWH

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 10:38:14 am »
Nothin much tangles with hot water especially pole hose.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 03:30:15 pm »
You’re hot though Daz

oh thanks!...your not too bad yourself.....although i dont bat for the other side....sorry to disappoint......... ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 04:47:41 pm »
Yeah he’s Hot so should everyone be lol.

david mark

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 04:53:36 pm »
Rhino blue hose is brilliant had it on all 16 poles no kinking or twisted up but they are connected to my homemade stainless steel ball valve and bracket with swivel Rectus fitting I don't use univalve as we like to control the flow. Red pu hose is very good but can kink.