Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jk999

Gardiner backpack issue
« on: December 13, 2019, 11:11:28 am »
I have an issue with the mk 3 the water coming out of the fans seem slow and doesnt matter if i switch to no 2 position it turns up n down ok so im wondering if it could be the battery or the charger thats not charging properly

jk999

Re: Gardiner backpack issue
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:18:37 pm »
Has all the experts gone to bed

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:40:48 pm »
Speak to Gardiner's

jk999

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 08:28:58 am »
Nice one will use this answer in future when everyone on here asks a question 🙂👍

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 08:53:58 am »
I have an issue with the mk 3 the water coming out of the fans seem slow and doesnt matter if i switch to no 2 position it turns up n down ok so im wondering if it could be the battery or the charger thats not charging properly

Hi jk999

I have looked at the age of the backpack on your order and it may well be the battery that is deteriorating. The way to test is to plug the backpack in with the charger and then try running it and see if the pump speeds up (if you switch the charger on and off at the mains you may hear the pump noise change) . If it does then it is the battery at fault.

On the Backpack product page, under Technical Info there is a link to a simple backpack troubleshooting guide which may also be of use  - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Backpack_Troubleshooting_Guide_-_Retail.pdf

jk999

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 02:13:22 pm »
Cheers alex will try this over weekend 🙂👍

jk999

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 05:36:55 pm »
Alex i tried what you said but still same

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 06:56:30 pm »
If it’s an ongoing problem and the battery is charged sufficiently each morning but deteriorates throughout  the day it will be the battery.
If the flow is now permanently low and charging the battery makes no difference, it sounds like the battery isn’t taking  a charge at all, in that case it will be the wiring connection to the battery needs re-soldering.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 08:25:22 pm »
Alex i tried what you said but still same

We will first of all need to check some things on the backpack charger and the charging socket to eliminate any faults on these items.

Plug the charger into the mains 240v supply, but do not connect to the backpack charger socket.

Does the green light show on the CHARGER unit?

No - It appears that the charger may be faulty.
Yes - Now plug the charger into the backpack again

Does the light on the CHARGER go red or does it stay green?
Yes, it goes red - This most likely means that the issue is a faulty pump
No - it stays green - You will need to check the backpack charger socket pins for corrosion, to eliminate this as an issue. Please look carefully at the outer two charger socket pins (not the middle one).

Is there any sign of corrosion on these charging socket outer two pins?
Yes there are signs of corrosion - Please clean off this corrosion with sandpaper to ensure good electrical connection. Now plug the charger into the backpack again. Does the light on the CHARGER still stay green or does it immediately go red? No - this most likely means the pump is at fault. Yes - in that case there is most a likely a break in the wiring or a loose connection which is not allowing the battery to be charged. (There is a small chance that it is the charger that is faulty and if no wiring break is found then this would be the case)

No corrosion at all -  - in that case there is most a likely a break in the wiring or a loose connection which is not allowing the battery to be charged. (There is a small chance that it is the charger that is faulty and if no wiring break is found then this would be the case)

How to check for loose/broken wiring:

First remove the base from the backpack (6 screws) and also remove the battery tray (4 screws) - now carefully look for any broken or loose wires - if found this may be the cause of the issue.

Th above logic flow should help you identify the issue.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 08:52:37 pm »
Nice one will use this answer in future when everyone on here asks a question 🙂👍
No need for the sarcasm. I know it must be frustrating but Alex Gardiner is the best man to help you in this instance - fact!

jk999

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 09:04:21 pm »
Had the back pack appart charger working fine charger port working fine battery fully charged i checked it on another battery charger while battery was out off backpack, the backpack isn't going flat its just the doesn't make a difference when i also change to 2 position on switch ,i have solved the problem for now new backpack ordered cheers Alex 👍🙂

jk999

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 07:51:34 pm »
Was expecting my backpack this morning stupid delivery driver never left a card and both my neighbour's were in and he didn't even try to leave it with them this is the second time now this delivery driver has messed up with my packages last time i was waiting nearly five days for it ,cant even get it resent for tomorrow without a calling card bloody useless 😤😤😤😤