Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re-setting a splayed brush?
« on: December 18, 2019, 04:05:36 pm »
Anyone found a way of doing it? My Dupont looks dreadful and my extreme is going the same way. Trying the hot water in a bowl method at the moment but the bristles have a better memory than me.

AuRavelling79

Re: Re-setting a splayed brush?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 04:17:27 pm »
Get two bits of thin wood (like ply or tongue and groove) cut to a bit bigger than the brush.

Sandwich the bristles in between and use a set of mole grips to hold them in place. Alternatively use a bench vice with bits of wood.
It's a game of three halves!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 04:22:37 pm »
I poured boiling water over my Dupont Xtreme with some success.

I held the brush so that the bristles pointed downward over the kitchen sink and poured the water so it ran from the stock to the bristle tips and into the sink. It worked quite well

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 04:48:54 pm »
Anyone found a way of doing it? My Dupont looks dreadful and my extreme is going the same way. Trying the hot water in a bowl method at the moment but the bristles have a better memory than me.

I have never successfully achieved any improvement by doing this I think it’s a mith 😂😂😂😂

dd

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 06:21:19 pm »
I have not had this problem so far, even with year old extremes.

Could it be down to being heavy handed or the way the brush is stored when not on the pole?

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 06:25:31 pm »
In my case the water had to be boiling before it worked. It didn't restore the brush perfectly but there was a significant improvement. 
I have to say, I was prepared to say goodbye to the brush when I tried it. If you're not then don't try it.

**And of course, if you do, don't hold the brush with your hand otherwise you may scald yourself**

zesty

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 07:01:08 pm »
I just buy a new brush  ???

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 07:35:28 pm »
I have found that the brush in boiling water works quite well.  I usually give it a few minutes then leave the brush on its side so bottom row is on the kitchen drainer  and the top set hang down thanks to gravity.
Remember to avoid putting the plastic stock in the water!!