Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Dear customer due to the....
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2019, 02:42:59 pm »
Nathan it’s not down to whether or not you want to work in the rain m8 it’s if the customer minds you doing it,I’m not talking about small jobs where’s if you lose the odd few it won’t make a difference I’m on about the larger houses that pay a lot more and expect some sort of input as far as when you can be let in to clean etc.
I’m not cleaning a huge amount of houses a day to earn a crust m8.

NWH

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2019, 02:50:54 pm »
Nathan have you tried educating a bloke in a tweed suit or a woman with attitude in a Barbour coat lol,they have lots of money but their not all daft m8.
If I stood there explaining the scientific side of WFPole window cleaning they would think I don’t care I don’t want my windows cleaned in the rain,you have to be realistic they are paying.
What am I gonna do say I clean in the rain it’s my choice you still have to put up with it 😂,I don’t mind taking the odd sucker punch if I’m cleaning there windows for a lot of money on yearly basis.

John Mart

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2019, 02:52:42 pm »
Nathan it’s not down to whether or not you want to work in the rain m8 it’s if the customer minds you doing it,I’m not talking about small jobs where’s if you lose the odd few it won’t make a difference I’m on about the larger houses that pay a lot more and expect some sort of input as far as when you can be let in to clean etc.
Wrong. If your customers mind and you want to work, you drop the customer. There are plenty that won't mind.

John Mart

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 02:53:46 pm »
Nathan have you tried educating a bloke in a tweed suit or a woman with attitude in a Barbour coat lol,they have lots of money but their not all daft m8.
If I stood there explaining the scientific side of WFPole window cleaning they would think I don’t care I don’t want my windows cleaned in the rain,you have to be realistic they are paying.
What am I gonna do say I clean in the rain it’s my choice you still have to put up with it 😂,I don’t mind taking the odd sucker punch if I’m cleaning there windows for a lot of money on yearly basis.
Don't clean that one then. Simple.

nathankaye

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 02:54:26 pm »

Mate, i appreciate that and you have your views and work principles and clearly mine are different as I have the same ethic regardless of the price and wealth and that does not mean I will loose the job because i will explain and educate about working in the rain etc etc etc.  Yes at the end of the day if the customer wants to reschedule they can do so. I give all my customers that chance. However I then start looking at gaining a replacememt so when that happens again it will be the last. Thats regardles of the price of the job.

So i ammicably agree to dissgree  ;D

However, these high winds and battling walking and poling in it, is another thing entirely 😂 its bin day today so Im also dodging flying boxes and bins skidding over the roads.  Im tired today due to some very late nights (im a bad sleeper ::)roll) and im feeling drained. So its a short day today, im knocking off
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2019, 02:59:50 pm »

Mate, i hate tweed wearing chaps who all beit have the money, I hate their snobbish attitude and regardless of price I would not take the job on.
On the other hand, I know a billionnaire who made his own money as in didnt come from wealth and he is the most down to earth chap. Apart from his expensive taste in clothes, if he was in a room with a mix of 30 blokes, you wouldnt know he was the billionnaire.

Im sorry, i have different viewpoints and if that means I miss out on well paying jobs because I dont like the attitude and look down the nose attitude then thats my choice. However, I will be firm and respectful on my work ethic if we are speaking face to face and if they wish for someone else to bend to their viewpoint, then thats fine. As I said previous, they get one strike like everybody else and then im prepping to replace them from that point.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 03:46:19 pm »
Nathan I think there is a good reason you don’t get customers phoning you to complain about  the state of their windows after you’ve cleaned them during stormy weather....and it’s not because they’re happy with the job....it’s because you don’t have the correct contact number on your cards😂

nathankaye

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 03:53:01 pm »
Nathan I think there is a good reason you don’t get customers phoning you to complain about  the state of their windows after you’ve cleaned them during stormy weather....and it’s not because they’re happy with the job....it’s because you don’t have the correct contact number on your cards😂

It works out lovely  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 04:04:50 pm »
what rain?..... :)

while you guys have been arguing about working in the rain on here( not working today chaps?)ive gone out,done my scheduled work,didnt even get a single drop of the stuff despite the forecast saying we would...... 8)

10am-230pm with 30 mins for lunch as usual so 4 hours worked and i got every job cleaned....i started a bit later because i had a dentist check up first thing this morning,i actually thought it would take me longer but i was flying today.....

YES it was very windy at times but not constant......even had a bit of sunshine...... :)
price higher/work harder!

cleaniac

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2019, 04:17:46 pm »
Yep me too, started at 11 am, it was a bit blustery this morning, finished at 3:30.  Ching ching.

Worked yesterday, started at 7 am was finished at 2:30. Then went out on the bike for a blast, and its MOT it passed.. ching ching.

Ching flipping ching