Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick_Thompson

Waterproofing a ply lined van.
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:57:02 pm »
Hi guys,

In your experience, what's the best option?

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

SB Cleaning

Re: Waterproofing a ply lined van.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:08:17 pm »
Take the ply out

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 07:24:46 pm »
dont bother waterproofing the floor...just take the ply out and put some plastic load liner down.....or a large rubber mat.....

ive never heard of any WFP window cleaner ending up with a rotten floor due to not waterproofing their van and its certainly not happened to me either....
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 07:34:23 pm »
I used speedliner.  Only because it was a new van and meant to last many years.   Not just for waterproofing but to also to protect against heavy use or scratching.

As Daz said. Probably nothing to worry about if you don't damage the paint work on the floor. If you do that is when rust may start.  Your van is water resistant on the outside so the inside should be the same. 

Best fix is to mend any leaks straight away.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 08:49:06 pm »
I agree with most of the above but I used protectakote more because it's not slippy like the van paintwork.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:11:21 pm »
speed liner type stuff the best how ever we have been trialing out fibre glassed fools in two of our vans for the last 4 years and it works very very well and if you do it yourself not much more then p.coat paint but 20x better

dd

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 03:14:40 pm »
speed liner type stuff the best how ever we have been trialing out fibre glassed fools in two of our vans for the last 4 years and it works very very well and if you do it yourself not much more then p.coat paint but 20x better
Sounds uncomfortable, I am sure you must be breaching some employment  law.

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 03:37:35 pm »
Sounds uncomfortable, I am sure there must be a law against it

I pitty the fools...
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 05:53:50 pm »
No need to take the ply off of the sides. Useful for putting hooks and stuff into.
It's a game of three halves!