Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

gutter cleaning systems pole question
« on: September 24, 2018, 05:51:22 pm »
i had a guttervac kit a few years ago from them and was spot on for me, the carbon didnt look the pretiest but never had any issues and even with the smaller vac it was bang on for all my domestic.
just wondered though have they changed the poles or added metal pole inserts etc?

SB Cleaning

Re: gutter cleaning systems pole question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 05:53:20 pm »
I bought some about a year ago...I thought they were terrible.

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:23:29 pm »
i didnt think the carbon finish looked great but mine was bang on for me, why did you think they was terrible pal?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 07:37:21 pm »
Brittle..cheap rubbish

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 08:19:14 pm »
Like I say 2 years I had my carbon poles and I never snapped any of mine, I believe they’ve put clamps and metal inserts in the carbon now though so maybe that’s helped a tad but for most general domestics I never had any probs myself.
What other 51mm carbon gutter poles are about at moment?

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 09:03:01 am »
https://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product-category/vacuum-cleaners/wet-and-dry-vacuums/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuafdBRDmARIsAPpBmVXn_q6dqxoRYfnKyRm2B-cQBrKe27Fp8oyqZPoN5_Wg8MJItCO_SZQaApczEALw_wcB

I brought a section from here to see if was compatible with my original carbon fibre tubes set - unfortunately it wasn’t but it is a nice pole section at around £60 good value too
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Nick Day

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 09:44:55 am »
Hello,
Yes we have made some changes to the poles, all our poles now clamp together. We found quite a few people were having problems with the poles jamming together and I know other suppliers are getting those problems as well that's why Skyvac also do clamped poles and I believe Grippa do to. We use a metal insert as we found carbon inserts wear over time whereas metal doesn't. Also making the poles this way we can achieve a better finish than with tapered poles due to the rolling process.

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 04:37:34 pm »
thanks Nick, just ordered a vac set!
looking forward to receiving the set as i have a few jobs lined up ready for it ;D

JandS

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 06:20:11 pm »
With the slotted poles just dip both joints in a bucket of water then slot them together they won't jam then.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.