Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

diesel heater users......servicing.......
« on: April 09, 2018, 04:59:37 pm »
so you guys who use diesel heaters like myself.....do you have them serviced every year?(thats what grippatank recommend)..they also replace the burners as part of the servicing.....

cheers in advance chaps......
price higher/work harder!

tlwcs

Re: diesel heater users......servicing.......
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:24:00 pm »
What a strange question to ask.
You spend the best part of 5k and then question what they recommend on the service frequency.
Do you feel once a year and replacing the main bits? to often?
Tony

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:37:05 pm »
Complete nonsense Daz the burner I had before lasted 10 years and was putting out water at over 50 degrees,my only problem with the heater was the charging side of things, it needed to be properly split and mains hookup changed which grippa have now done for me late last year. When the burner needs changing it will smoke when working like billyo,you won’t need to worry about anything m8 for a few years yet,they may say you need to pay for the service to keep the warranty on it though  I’ve replaced every part on mine last year it’s now as new as yours 😂

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:40:26 pm »
What a strange question to ask.
You spend the best part of 5k and then question what they recommend on the service frequency.
Do you feel once a year and replacing the main bits? to often?
Tony

nope.your reading too much into it matey.....

im interested in fellow window cleaners experience of their diesel heaters(who have had them a lot longer than 4 months).....

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:48:24 pm »
Complete nonsense Daz the burner I had before lasted 10 years and was putting out water at over 50 degrees,my only problem with the heater was the charging side of things, it needed to be properly split and mains hookup changed which grippa have now done for me late last year. When the burner needs changing it will smoke when working like billyo,you won’t need to worry about anything m8 for a few years yet,they may say you need to pay for the service to keep the warranty on it though  I’ve replaced every part on mine last year it’s now as new as yours 😂

does your heater run all day every day nigel?as mine shuts down probably 2 or 3 times a day when working due to drinking a coffee/5 min chat with a customer or a bit of trad work interspersed with my WFP work......i dont know whether this will have an affect on the burner......also i cant use kerosene to run the heater(only regular diesel)like you do from time to time......

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 06:30:11 pm »
Had mine 3:5 years never been serviced they either work or they don’t the screens seam to be the main issues carboning up mine is running flat out 8 hours a day 5 days a week no issues what so ever : that will now be the kiss of death 😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 06:34:46 pm »
I switch mine on at 7 in the morning and if it’s not cleaning windows it’s plugged back into tank so it’s on all day long as above it’s how they should be used,also as above they either work or they don’t the ECU tells it when to heat water or switch off. They are much more efficient if they are on and working when they are used.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 06:39:31 pm »
It will keep the burner cleaner if you leave it working or plug back to tank when not cleaning Windows with it,when you turn it off it performs a cycle if you listen it powers up  before powering down to clean out the burner. Do what your doing with the Kerosene Daz it’s a much cleaner fuel,use that the run of the mill diesel and see with the normal diesel you can smell it like an ice cream van but with Kerosene there’s very little smell or fumes through the exhaust.

davids3511

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 06:49:03 pm »

does your heater run all day every day nigel?as mine shuts down probably 2 or 3 times a day when working due to drinking a coffee/5 min chat with a customer or a bit of trad work interspersed with my WFP work......i dont know whether this will have an affect on the burner......also i cant use kerosene to run the heater(only regular diesel)like you do from time to time......
Why can't you use kerosene Daz?

NWH

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 06:51:25 pm »
Kerosene cost 50% less to run your diesel heater if you fill up from a service station pump.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 07:18:13 pm »
Kerosene cost 50% less to run your diesel heater if you fill up from a service station pump.

Who sells Kerosene from a service station pump? They want an order of min 500 liters for delivery.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45:44 pm »
There’s a service station near to me that has 2 pumps on the forecourt and it also sells it in 20ltr containers

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 10:37:11 pm »

Why can't you use kerosene Daz?

because my diesel heater is plumbed into my vans diesel tank......

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 12:05:27 am »
I forgot you are plumbed into the van tank Daz,no joke m8 you are paying double to run the heater if I was to put normal white diesel in it costs double the price of Kerosene. I’ve got a 20-22ltt container it costs over 20 quid to fill with white diesel Kerosene works out around 11-12 quid for the same amount on litres.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 08:15:33 am »
I forgot you are plumbed into the van tank Daz,no joke m8 you are paying double to run the heater if I was to put normal white diesel in it costs double the price of Kerosene. I’ve got a 20-22ltt container it costs over 20 quid to fill with white diesel Kerosene works out around 11-12 quid for the same amount on litres.

so you use kerosene in your heater all the time?i thought you just used it occasionally to keep the burner clean......

apparently red diesel voids the warranty but i cant see what difference it makes as red diesel just has a dye added doesnt it?

it costs me around £5 a day to run the heater using normal white diesel....which is ok.its hardly gonna break the bank

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 10:44:14 am »

so you use kerosene in your heater all the time?i thought you just used it occasionally to keep the burner clean......

apparently red diesel voids the warranty but i cant see what difference it makes as red diesel just has a dye added doesnt it?

it costs me around £5 a day to run the heater using normal white diesel....which is ok.its hardly gonna break the bank
I've seen reports of red leaving a residue on the burner chamber. I also wonder if it's to do with the quality of red diesel. White out of a pump will be ok, red out of a marina or farm, who knows.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 11:09:11 am »
No joke I disassembled my burnet after 11 years the old 1 and there was hardly any coking,I had a couple of half a pea sized coal like lumps that wa sit it,apart from that it was discoloured but clean.